Homebrew Spider3DSTools - would making screenshots be possible?

PewnyPL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I have been wondering, since the whole point of that exploit is to take over the GPU to do our bidding, would it be possible to dump framebuffer and save it to SD card as a screenshot?

Reactions: Margen67

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would be even better is recording and streaming without a capture card but I think that's just a pipedream.

PewnyPL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What would be even better is recording and streaming without a capture card but I think that's just a pipedream.

Sadly, it wouldn't be possible with spider. You can't exit the browser while whatever ROP chain/binary is running, so it wouldn't be possible to return the game to do a recording. And streaming is even more so out of the question.

Reactions: Margen67

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it does seem that the screen data is always in the exact same place in ram/vram, since the Notes and Miiverse have access to it, so it should be possible.
Yeah, maybe, but Spider only writes to the memory once and timers/button activators aren't possible, so we'll probably just get a screenshot of the browser or home menu.

PewnyPL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, maybe, but Spider only writes to the memory once and timers/button activators aren't possible, so we'll probably just get a screenshot of the browser or home menu.

Well, just being able to do it like Pokemon injection, "Home -> Camera -> Scan QR code" would be good enough for pretty much all games that don't have Miiverse screenshot possibility.
And like I said, it is somewhere in memory, which is how both Miiverse and Notes have access to both top and bottom screen of a paused, running game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool