speculations/ideas about COD ghosts (positive or negitive)

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Deviousness, May 2, 2013.

1. Deviousness
    OP

Deviousness Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2013
    Canada
    Well... we all new it was going to happen, it was just a matter of time till COD released a new game!! so this thread is about your thought on the game, or franchise as a whole... I don't care :P.

For me, I think the franchise has taken a turn for the worst (mainly because the FXXKED up zombies in the new BO2) but that's my own opinion. The "Story" mode for call of duty games are nearly the same every time (I swear, if I hear the name mason, or soap again, im going to bust a nut). the graphics are not terrible, but I do think, that infinity ward/treyarch are in desperate need of a game engine over haul, because the changes they make to the appearances of new games is minimal...

but im not going to rave about how bad cod is all day (I may have a few enemy's before the day ends XD). but I can tell you one thing... I don't think im going to be standing in line at gamestop for the new "ghosts" game when it gets released...

2. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
    I think the current engine has been milked to death, if Ghosts does in fact have the new engine, it's going to sell like crazy.

3. Deviousness
    OP

Deviousness Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2013
    Canada
    well, the funny thing I have realized about COD gamers... they are extremely scared of change!!! im serious, I had a buddy that freaked out when BO2 looked a tiny bit different then bo1... so, they CANT change it. if, the online aspect functions a tiny bit different then what all the other games are like, or if the map loads 3 seconds slower then every other game, people are going to be PISSED!

is anyone talking about a new engine?!?!? im just wondering if there is any official/unofficial news in regards to a new engine.

4. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Well, let's be fair here - It's going to sell like hotcakes regardless of what's under the hood.

Still, I certainly wouldn't mind a change up. And hey, even if this title isn't so good, I'm sure Treyarch will do something interesting with it.

Deviousness likes this.
  5. Deviousness
    OP

Deviousness Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2013
    Canada
    exactly, like hot cakes!!
    [​IMG]
    BTW this pic has clearly nothing to do with COD, its just funny... I guess XD

6. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
    The leak from Tesco mentioned something about an 'all new engine', plus the fact that the game is going to be shown on the new xbox suggests that they have made some kind of aesthetic change.
    I think people are getting a bit bored of this formula now, the 'next gen' engine might give COD the fresh new take that it needs.

7. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    You know what CoD could do that will completely change the series? Focus on the single player or add co-op to it. Black Ops and Black Ops 2 had great stories. Honestly, the multiplayer is going to be played the most, but it's not like that's hard for them to do. Focus on the single player, the multiplayer comes naturally for these games. As much as Activision wants it, it's never going to be a serious gaming product that goes to events like fighting games do with EVO.

8. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    I don't know about you, but I consider the mission side of CoD as single player/co-op. If Modern Warfare is anything to go by, Activision does have a working franchise. If co-op campaign is a way to go by, there are many games doing it better (Borderlands for one).

Personally I don't play CoD multiplayer, but I do have a blast with the game in co-op split screen gaming. MW2 is probably the most played out of the games, but that's just for the fun of Juggernauts on Hardened rushing me and my friend into pulp after a frustrating game :P