Soundhax n3ds 11.2 problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by StackMasher, Jul 21, 2017.

1. StackMasher
    OP

StackMasher GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2016
    My brother got a new 3ds so I tried to follow the guide at 3ds.guide to cfw it. When I play soundhax most of the time it goes to the home menu with "An error has occurred" which I guess is normal. Ocassionally when I think it's supposed to work the top screen freezes for a second, then goes to red->green, then back for a second, and then it goes to the home menu with an error needing a restart

2. astronautlevel

astronautlevel GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Siteā„¢
    You're either missing the otherapp.bin, it's incorrectly named, or you downloaded the wrong one for your firmware/region.

3. StackMasher
    OP

Nov 29, 2016
    I'm pretty sure I did it all correctly and it's still not working
    This 3DS has 11.2.0-35E to be specific, when I downloaded the otherapp it came with a filename of "N3DS_E_25600_9221.bin" so I renamed it to "otherapp.bin" and I dragged it to the SD's root using microSD management

4. StackMasher
    OP

Nov 29, 2016
    lmfao so you'll probably laugh but I wasted all that time scratching my head to find out that I was in the Nintendo 3DS folder, not on ROOT
    that's what happens when I have to work in an environment I'm not familiar with (screw windows)

CaptainSwag101 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice