Sound files help

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by wiibomb, Feb 22, 2016.

1. wiibomb
    OP

wiibomb GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Hello there, I made this thread as a final resort about how should this work.

Last year I made little research to find the file formats of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, as with almost all capcom files, they seem to be .mca format, which has about 4 or 5 different types itself, the files of type-3 .mca can be converted to mp3 by VGMStream, and as I found VGMStream doesn't have an option to convert a .mp3 (or any other format) to a .mca beause such option is not supported.

Right now there isn't any progress about it and I think there will never be any progress.

I was thing that may be some of you who have worked with rom Hacking might help me with another little research:
    is it possible for a rom hacking to replace a file with another format and be named the way the rom is supposed to read it?

I mean, if I can only have a file format readable by the 3DS (different than .mca), can I replace a .mca file in the rom with that different file format? will the rom read it?

Or may be, how could I work with the OST files of a rom to swap them with another file?

thanks for any help you can give me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice