Soul reaver graphical glitch/issue.

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Armadillo, Jul 5, 2012.

Jul 5, 2012
  1. Armadillo
    OP

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Trying to play soul reaver on my psp and having an issue with it. Eboot is self made from the NTSC version of the game.

Game starts up and is fine until it gets in game, then there is a faint grid pattern across the screen. Pretty sure it's not meant to be there as I can't see it if I run the game on a pc emulator. Tried different versions of pops and still there. Only there in game, not present on the main menu or the fmv.

Using 6.60 pro c, with the cipl to make it permanent on a fully hackable psp 2000.

Other ps1 games are fine, as are psp games, so it's definitely the game/emulation of it. I see people saying it works fine, so not sure what the problem is.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, right? There's a PSN version which should work fine. SO give that a go.

3. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, Legacy of Kain. Don't really want to buy the psn version of something I already have, and versions you acquire elsewhere, all seem to be self made. Others do report it works fine, so either I'm doing something wrong or other people are blind and just don't see it, either way I'd like to sort it, if I can.

4. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Search for the PSN version off the net would be your best bet.. As you have the original you could sort of consider it's your right to do so, i guess if pirating makes you ill.. Or download other people's custom eboot and try, or try with another converter and compression level etc.. If you'r a fan of the game and fortunate enough, get a Dreamcast and the game in all its glory with the definitive, updated version.. Just avoid the PC version the control, sound and resolution are ass!

5. rehevkor

Member rehevkor GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Weird. Try obtaining the PAL version? When I played the game either the PAL or NTSC would stall during the intro - but I forget which.

6. koimayeul

France
    PAL version usually are 50hertz and size of screen is cut bad from NTSC on the PSP screen. Better than nothing but last resort a PAL version, trust me as a french stuck withh those as officials for decades.. :)

7. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    Managed to find official psn eboot. Same thing. Fine up until you get in game, but then a faint grid pattern. Might just give up and play something else.

8. koimayeul

France
    From my knowledge of the game the grid pattern might be the interface menu for the game glyphs (sort of magic powers you will get) as it comes by the press of the Select or Start button hmmm;. Must be some hardware issue you have there, maybe try to remap the keys within the POPS menu of the PSP while in game to desactivate select or start buttons something?

9. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    As it happens i've got an eboot of this i made myself from a PSX image i made....on checking yep you're kind of right but it's so faint that when you're moving it's almost invisible, and even stationary it's not that bad. It's probably down to the way Eidos handled it's 3rd person games back in the late 90's.

10. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    :D, so it's not just me. Yeah, it's only faint, but now I've noticed it, I can't help but see it :(. Didn't notice it on pc emulator, so might just be the way the psp handles it rather than the game.

Will probably just play the DC version instead. I still have my dreamcast, and can't play it on psp now I've noticed it :(.