Hacking Soooo confused

thatisandwas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys...heres my deal. I softmodded my wii with 4.3u tonight using the smashbrothers exploit. I got bootmii installed and homebrew channel. For some reason now when i turn on my wii the white screen with all the options to turn on the hacks and all that stuff (bootmii?) isn't even showing up. Im trying to dump some of my games that i own to a usb hd to no avail. I installed (copied the folder to root/apps/*) usbloader gx. When i press the plus sign, it doesnt give me an option to install or dump a game. The hard drive is showing up. I already formatted it in wbsd or whatever for 50 gigs of space...but it won't work. There is a MILLION different pieces of info and i have no idea where to start. Please help.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

This is the guide i used. I am 100 percent sure i did everything correctly, and had no problems whatsoever.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The white screen is priiloader. You can set it to autoboot HBC or System Menu.

With your USB loader problem I can't help you, as I don't have enough information.

You could try to use this guide: http://gbatemp.net/t250010-legally-modify-any-wii
(though if you want to dump your own games you have to format the drive to FAT32, not NTFS like the guide says)

thatisandwas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i follow that guide from the begining and just re do everything i did? Is there anyway i can brick the wii by reinstalling everything?

thatisandwas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just dont know if i should start from scratch (if thats possible) or if there is something small and dumb im missing like not having a certain file i need insalled for the usbloader to work...ive been going at it for 7 hours straight now so im gonna give it a rest until i get some sleep. Any advice from anyone is greatly appreciated, and thanks for the link to the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Your eyes need to rest.