Sony vs. Geohot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that and most of the community is supporting him rather than sony, if you get some of the lawyers in the community in on this... he could have some free help?

Sony doesn't need to win... but I assume they will... They know much this could hurt them, like the way the psp was hurt with piracy.

You need a LOT of storage for PS3 games tho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerox8610 said:
Well that and most of the community is supporting him rather than sony, if you get some of the lawyers in the community in on this... he could have some free help?

Sony doesn't need to win... but I assume they will... They know much this could hurt them, like the way the psp was hurt with piracy.

"buys cheap 2TB HDD"
You were saying?
smileipb2.png

ontopic: this really sucks for Hotz.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Fine I'll post that's a bit realistic!

On-Topic: Notice that Sony didn't sue Geohot till it got to the point that he kept continuing with the hacking scene. Geohot just didn't care about no one but himself, which tends to happen to a lot of hackers. If someone remember a few posts ago, didn't Geohot tried to created a CFW with his own bypass or something.

So Sony is only doing something that comes naturally, getting even with their competitors either formal or informal.

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerox8610 said:

Hate to break it to you, but as I've told others: Sony is a VERY big company, with MILLIONS to spend on lawyers. Any help George can get, whether it's probono or extremely expensive, isn't going to do much.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sony won't be achieving things by putting this guy in jail.
He's already posted the stuff, hmm, updates for them?
Other people know the keys so it won't be too hard to make open-source updates.
Sony can't take the fact that their "un-hackable" system is finally getting killed worse than the DS.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
darkriku2000 said:
Zerox8610 said:

Hate to break it to you, but as I've told others: Sony is a VERY big company, with MILLIONS to spend on lawyers. Any help George can get, whether it's probono or extremely expensive, isn't going to do much.
A sensible judge is all Geohot needs to get this junk thrown out, though.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope geohot can get out of this, the hacking scene still needs him along with fail0verfl0w team

i liked comex's response its ok to hack a phone but a game console is a big no no
i hope the EFF can help him out

Linkpal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to post again, but this is a very interesting case for me. I think the outcome will determine the future of homebrew in general. As was said before, I don't think numbers and a few letters fall under any kind of copyright law, or the ability to hack your own console, but perhaps this will change that. Well, I don't see how, because that would conflict with a number of existing laws, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/o2TO5atI4rU?si=sOlJH6YDAUiakK0U +1