OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/e3-p...-08-says-reeves

Quote from article:
When asked if he thought GBP 425 / GBP 599 was still a high price to ask consumers to pay Reeves replied, "It is, but surprisingly, people are paying that amount of money for it."

Facepalm.

Slow burner. Cry yourselves to sleep you morons. But watch out for that tsunami. After all, you have to look far ahead to see the winner. And farther ahead is never now, meaning your console sucks.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or maybe it was you doing the proving, by posting a very old article in Wii.
Nice job cutting the quote, the rest would be "Now they'll get two games and an extra controller as well."

Article Published : 13/07/2007

paul1991

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cutting the quote makes it funny.

Also, they said in 07 that their console would win by march 08. This is not true. I am saying that they were wrong and their console did not win by march 08. Since it did not, I think we can call the ps3 a "very, very slow possibly extinguished" burner.

I am saying that they have ALWAYS said they were going to win. This one proves that they just make up dates with no basis.

Just laugh. They said they were going to win by six months ago. They are at 1/2 the wiis sales.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're an idiot. PS3 is selling well, and the high price point isn't deterring anyone who wants a (working) high-definition gaming console. Also, the PS3 will win in the end because of it's integrated Blu-Ray player, because it's almost as much money as a lower-end Blu-Ray player. This is why PS2 dominated the market so dominantly, because DVD was the next big media, and the console integrated a method to play the videos, which spiked their sales and widened their consumer base beyond gamers.

Also, the first-party titles released for the system are nothing short of stellar, which would be incredibly tough to defend if was said about Nintendo's current console. Nintendo's "it's for everyone" approach at their current alliterations of popular franchises is turning away the only fan base they had left from the under-whelming Gamecube sales. Nintendo may not fall out of the race completely, but if their standards and practices in their first-party titles doesn't improve, they will become a distant second place to Sony's current machine, and I hardly think that Nintendo will actually listen to their consumers, especially their core and loyal fans, as they are ripping everyone's asshole open with a $250 Gamecube with waggle stick.

Intelligent, informed gamers and multimedia consumers will be quick to pick up a PS3, due to it's massive amount of (HD and SD) media capabilities, free (and freindcodeless) reliable online capabilities, and must-have first party titles.

Just because your mother doesn't have enough money to purchase an HDTV or a PS3 don't go kicking dust up about it because you feel it's too expensive.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Tomobobo said:
You're an idiot. PS3 is selling well, and the high price point isn't deterring anyone who wants a (working) high-definition gaming console. Also, the PS3 will win in the end because of it's integrated Blu-Ray player, because it's almost as much money as a lower-end Blu-Ray player. This is why PS2 dominated the market so dominantly, because DVD was the next big media, and the console integrated a method to play the videos, which spiked their sales and widened their consumer base beyond gamers.

Also, the first-party titles released for the system are nothing short of stellar, which would be incredibly tough to defend if was said about Nintendo's current console. Nintendo's "it's for everyone" approach at their current alliterations of popular franchises is turning away the only fan base they had left from the under-whelming Gamecube sales. Nintendo may not fall out of the race completely, but if their standards and practices in their first-party titles doesn't improve, they will become a distant second place to Sony's current machine, and I hardly think that Nintendo will actually listen to their consumers, especially their core and loyal fans, as they are ripping everyone's asshole open with a $250 Gamecube with waggle stick.

Intelligent, informed gamers and multimedia consumers will be quick to pick up a PS3, due to it's massive amount of (HD and SD) media capabilities, free (and freindcodeless) reliable online capabilities, and must-have first party titles.

Just because your mother doesn't have enough money to purchase an HDTV or a PS3 don't go kicking dust up about it because you feel it's too expensive.

I think i smell a fanboy!
and btw do watch yahtzees revews?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tomobobo said:

This topic aside, can you make it any more obvious how much of a fanboy you are?

Opinion denied.

hobbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To be brutally honest, intelligent informed gamers will pick up a pc.
Blu ray "might" become the next big format, but seriously, to date I have seen about 5 blu ray movies for sale. You may think that it is better because of its higher definition, but actually, having to buy your whole movie collection again at inflated prices is a huge PAIN IN THE ASS. 90% of the population don't know what blu ray is. 2% Have a player. Don't pin your consoles hopes on the fact that it plays blu ray. You should instead be pinning it on it's games selection.
Don't tell me that "it m04r p0w3rfu11 n00b" because, really, when it comes down to it, it is still not powerful ENOUGH.
This is why crysis is not on ps3.

Edit: Yahtzee rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended