Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Code:
The official ARV of the price has been revealed accidentaly during one of SE's contests. It's $400/$397.36 CDN. The same contest in europe lists the Aproximate Retail Value as 499€. Whether the prices have VAT counted in or not remains to be seen.

...not that bad. With a contract, the phone/console might just be "affordable".

"Racer" looks SWEET. Maybe the title is a bit "meh", but it "shows" what this hardware is capable of doing.

As far as the battery goes (apparently it's a concern lately), it's 8 hours of non-stop talking, aprox. 5 hours of non-stop gameplay. Not sure about the stand-by mode, but probably a "few days".

...who cares about "stand-by" when you can play on this baby? I'd charge it everyday.

I've also seen some "uninteresting" GUI movies on youtube. The phone's OS works flawlessly and with lightning speed, despite having rather low specs CPU-wise. It's *sweet*.
Source+Pics+video`s

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The whole "appeal" of this device is that it has a gamepad attached to it. Why go for a cheaper phone if you can have this one for free in a good data plan?

Rather than having a cookie and a turd, I choose to have two cookies. The more gadgets the better - this will definately become a part of MY collection.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would like one, because I want to upgrade to an Android phone from my Blackberry.

The games don't look to promising, but there are emulators on the Droid market. Emulators + Gamepad on a phone just dominates.

Edit:

Forgot to mention: The reason why I won't be getting the phone is because I don't want to support Sony ever again. Not even really because of the lawsuits against GeoHot, just because they are assholes.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys realize this is a pseudo-necrobump? Whatever though.

I don't really see the point when you can get a PSP instead which will have access to probably the same level of PSX games, not to mention PSP games. Plus if you're running a hacked PSP you have access to pretty much any PSX game (well there's a few that won't work but most can probably work with fixes).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Xperia Play will recieve loads of dedicated games (N.O.V.A2 is already announced to be an exclusive), read my posts in the source page to see all the details. Personally, I think it's a good purchase and alot of the games from the lineup look great.

EDIT: So what if you don't want to support Sony? The only thing Sony's ever done to the product is slap their PlayStation Certified logo on it. Don't mix Sony-Ericsson and Sony Computer Entertainment - they're two completely different entities.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would anyone in their right mind get one? I would rather get a 3DS or NGP for less money then keep my phone atm. It's really old but it does what a phone should do, call people and text people, costs me about £10 top-up every 4 months cause i barely use it anyway. If you want a games-console you'd be better off paying for something that's actually designed and focused on being a games console.

T-Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dunno, i'm in need of a decent phone, fancy a contract and the control pad looks fresh, if i can play banjo-kazooie on the go then i'm more sold than with other phones out there... tempting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up +1