Sony Ericsson Xperia Play!

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by coolness, Mar 24, 2011.

Mar 24, 2011

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play! by coolness at 9:54 PM (1,063 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. coolness
    OP

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    Code:
    The official ARV of the price has been revealed accidentaly during one of SE's contests. It's $400/$397.36 CDN. The same contest in europe lists the Aproximate Retail Value as 499€. Whether the prices have VAT counted in or not remains to be seen.

...not that bad. With a contract, the phone/console might just be "affordable".

"Racer" looks SWEET. Maybe the title is a bit "meh", but it "shows" what this hardware is capable of doing.

As far as the battery goes (apparently it's a concern lately), it's 8 hours of non-stop talking, aprox. 5 hours of non-stop gameplay. Not sure about the stand-by mode, but probably a "few days".

...who cares about "stand-by" when you can play on this baby? I'd charge it everyday.

I've also seen some "uninteresting" GUI movies on youtube. The phone's OS works flawlessly and with lightning speed, despite having rather low specs CPU-wise. It's *sweet*.
    Source+Pics+video`s

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is not a PS, PS2 or PS3... or even a PSP for that matter - it's a phone. You posted this in the wrong section.

3. GNkyrios

Newcomer GNkyrios Member

Chile
    "why u had ur phone turned off?"
    "lol sorry no battery, was playing GAEMZ"

4. issy12

Member issy12 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    rather get the PSP2 and a cheaper android phone?

5. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    The whole "appeal" of this device is that it has a gamepad attached to it. Why go for a cheaper phone if you can have this one for free in a good data plan?

Rather than having a cookie and a turd, I choose to have two cookies. The more gadgets the better - this will definately become a part of MY collection.

6. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I would like one, because I want to upgrade to an Android phone from my Blackberry.

The games don't look to promising, but there are emulators on the Droid market. Emulators + Gamepad on a phone just dominates.

Edit:

Forgot to mention: The reason why I won't be getting the phone is because I don't want to support Sony ever again. Not even really because of the lawsuits against GeoHot, just because they are assholes.

7. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    You guys realize this is a pseudo-necrobump? Whatever though.

I don't really see the point when you can get a PSP instead which will have access to probably the same level of PSX games, not to mention PSP games. Plus if you're running a hacked PSP you have access to pretty much any PSX game (well there's a few that won't work but most can probably work with fixes).

8. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Xperia Play will recieve loads of dedicated games (N.O.V.A2 is already announced to be an exclusive), read my posts in the source page to see all the details. Personally, I think it's a good purchase and alot of the games from the lineup look great.

EDIT: So what if you don't want to support Sony? The only thing Sony's ever done to the product is slap their PlayStation Certified logo on it. Don't mix Sony-Ericsson and Sony Computer Entertainment - they're two completely different entities.

9. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    Why would anyone in their right mind get one? I would rather get a 3DS or NGP for less money then keep my phone atm. It's really old but it does what a phone should do, call people and text people, costs me about £10 top-up every 4 months cause i barely use it anyway. If you want a games-console you'd be better off paying for something that's actually designed and focused on being a games console.

10. T-Pie

Newcomer T-Pie Member

United Kingdom
    dunno, i'm in need of a decent phone, fancy a contract and the control pad looks fresh, if i can play banjo-kazooie on the go then i'm more sold than with other phones out there... tempting