Sony Doomed, Panasonic MORE Doomed

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sure Kaz will be able to pick things up at Sony hopefully.

I wonder what this all means to the future of such said companies

I know that panasonic and sharp have quite a comprehensive appliances "section" - maybe that can fill in the gap

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention literally every company that operates out of Japan has been getting completely screwed by the yen. I know Nintendo got some pretty harsh losses despite rather fantastic 3DS software sales (hardware sales don't help them).

It's the strong yen that screw them and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony drop out of TVs. They still have major holds in music and film so they've got their fingers in enough pies. Hopefully they have some fire sale on those budget 3D TVs, I wouldn't mind getting one.
Mostly because big corporations money doesn't 100% come from sales rather from long and short term investments with excess capital. Nintendo had for a long time a bunch of money that they were just kind of sitting on and investors always complained why they didn't have better financial investments, long story short it caught up to them when the yen got strong. Anyway poeple buy sharp tvs? The only time I see them are at walmart, cheap tvs aren't going to be very profitable.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Sony's Tv line were overpriced and behind compared to Samsung. In all honesty as @_prowler said the only Tv's anyone buys are Samsung now.

last i heard samsung wasn't doing well in the television sector. they had to sell their tvs at very low profit to compete with lg.
Isn't LG about to release those higest resoloution Tv's ever made? They had them at CES.

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Samsung television in my bedroom and I love it.
My parents have a Sony television in the living room and it's not as good.

What does strong yen mean anyway?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a Samsung television in my bedroom and I love it.
My parents have a Sony television in the living room and it's not as good.

What does strong yen mean anyway?

it means that their profits from selling to other countries like the US is less because our money to them is worthless

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not surprised that Sharp is on that list for losses. Their TVs are utter crap... At the place I used to work, commercials would constantly be up to demo them, and on more than a few the Sharps would cut out on the picture.

Even crappier than Westinghouse or Coby? Never thought that would be possible.

Now you're making me think of another brand we had that was nothing but pure ass. We had them as a black friday special and only sold about ten.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc