1. Nujui

Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Do you have proof that they did it?

And they are not defending them, they're just saying it wasn't them.

2. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    So what's the problem here? PSN Users' Credit Card info is with the hackers? Hm...

3. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    You're talking about proof? Oh good, then I assume you have proof that it was them?

4. BloodyFlame

BloodyFlame GBAtemp Fan

United States
    AnonOps said they were not responsible for these attacks, though they said themselves that individuals may have done the attacks themselves.

5. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police
    Banned

Argentina
    My "proof" is their anonymity. They can claim that they didnt do it, but in the end, nobody knows who they are and if they said the truth. You cant trust anonymous and criminal people. That's just..no..

6. Nujui

Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Here's a different answer to "who did it"

We don't know, and probably will not know unless they somehow find the people who did it, or some ponies up.

So let's stop arguing about who did it.

7. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    And I'm assuming you can trust Sony now?

But hey, if you don't want to provide "proof", then keep your mouth shut unless you have actual facts.

8. Dimensional

Dimensional GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    How exactly is that proof? Because they are annonymous, you can't tell who they are and if they are telling the truth. To be honest, your claim is a logical fallacy called "Argumentum ad Ignorantiam", or "Argument from Ignorance". Because the claim they didn't do it can't be proven true, you assume they lied and they DID do it. And if you can't trust criminal people, then how come the US government employees some of them? You know that some of the nation's most dangerous hackers actually work for the FBI to fight cyber crimes? Your statement says that they can't be trusted, that once your a criminal your always breaking the law and there is no chance to change. I'm not defending them, but I'm not jumping to conclusions either. I'll wait until more Evidence is presented before I start pointing fingers.

9. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    That's not proof, that's conjecture and assumption based on anonymity.

10. giratina16

giratina16 Born This Way

Meh, they can have my card details. I never have money in my bank account nowadays anyway.

11. Dimensional

Dimensional GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I wouldn't rest easy. If they have your card details, then they can use buy things on your credit. Just because you have no money in the account doesn't mean you won't owe money if it's used.

12. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police
    Banned

Argentina
    Of course I trust Sony. It is a company that provides services to its users and it's not its fault that some criminal bastards hacked its servers. It's just wrong to trust a criminal group more than a company like Sony.

13. machomuu

United States
    If you put proof in quotations for any other reason than to make emphasis or to clarify, which it usually signifies in cases such as this, then I question your reasoning.

14. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yeah, based on his logic, you can point to any person thats got a criminal background, say that because they have criminal background they therefore can't be trusted and are guilty of taking out the Playstation network.

His reasoning is the same for why the US went to war in Iraq the second time, claiming that even though we can't find weapons of mass destruction, Sadam can't be trusted and therefore they have weapons of mass destruction. Of course they didn't, yet we had an illegal war based on the assumption that they did anyway.

15. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police
    Banned

Argentina
    Honestly I dont mind, you are free to question what you want.

16. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    Yeah because Sony hasn't done anything to screw people over and have their personal info at risk right?

You can't trust Sony any more than you can trust a hacker. Not to mention it's been proven that Sony hasn't encrypted personal data at all, so it's not hard to hack the stuff and look at the personal data, not to mention they have... I'm sorry, HAD crap security that anybody who put a bit of effort into it could get into their system.

17. machomuu

United States
    Thank you for spelling out my rights. But if you don't mind why did you reply to my initial post?

18. Quietlyawesome94

Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I wonder what Kevin Butler has to say about all this?

19. TheDarkSeed

TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    Neither did I. I hope this isn't true either.

Why couldn't the hackers be like robin hood, steal from the rich($ony) and give to the poor(Psn users). It would've been nice for everyone to automatically see $1000 in their wallet hen they sign into Psn.

20. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police
    Banned

Argentina
    I see, so you equate a leading company with some anonymous criminals in the internet. That damn Sony, what are they thinking to ddos sites and steal private data [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Personal, Stolen, Comes