Sonic Ring Grabber (PC)

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Coltonamore, Feb 13, 2013.

Feb 13, 2013

Sonic Ring Grabber (PC) by Coltonamore at 10:13 PM (1,489 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Coltonamore
    OP

Member Coltonamore Time to stop Tron Bonne!

United States
  2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    You need to... work a little on the transparency issues... ;)

Use Magenta (RGB 0,255,0 - easy as pie) instead of whatever you're using and get some higher-resolution backgrounds or use tiles to make your own - the border is a little "crooked".

That and... well... the core concept is a bit odd... plus the proportions need some attention... those rings are massive...

3. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I'm using game maker (I even said that in the readme.) I know it needs a little work but I'll try to get it to look and work properly.

4. Fyrus

Member Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

France
    Say, could you put some screenshots up ? just curious.

5. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    I got the software to do it. This post is now false

6. Fyrus

Member Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

France
    It's ... not really hard ? Print screen, any image software, paste, and upload ...

Sicklyboy likes this.
  7. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Yes you do.
    Edit:

Edit 2 - there are fruits? And tutorial in what first game? The first Sonic had no tutorial.

Also it might be a good idea to include in the readme what is actually going on. I hit play and I'm dropped into a clusterfuck of black dots and huge rings moving with a sprite that wants to run but is stationary. I don't know if you have to hold down LMB to pick up the rings. I don't know what happens if you get hit with a bomb. I don't know if anything happens if you get hit with a bomb. I don't know when I get hit with a bomb. And it seems more bombs get added over time? Add a score tracker to the level. And when does the level end? I was playing and suddenly I just got a high score entry window.

cherryw17 likes this.
  8. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    I'm referring to the game maker 8 first game tutorial that comes with it (if you use game maker 8 you know what I mean.) Its a still sprite, I don't know how to animate sprites in game maker I'm a total noob at it.
    The level never ends If you click on a bomb It's game over and a high score window appears. I made the rings smaller and fixed some things like holding down the mouse still gives you points for the ring. changed the wall It still needs a higher res background after that Version 1.1 will be released

9. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    Sorry for double post, but I have a video in the first post showing off the gameplay.

10. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    Sorry for the triple post. But I have a new version with a better readme and improvements. Download the new version and try it out.

11. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    I have the last version posted hope you guys like it

12. Chrscool8

Newcomer Chrscool8 Newbie

United States
    That was... really bad.

• As said, the transparencies are really bad. What's with all the artifacts on Sonic and everything?
    • He's not even animated, nor is anything else.
    • Gameplay is... impossible. Where is the part of Sonic that is the mouse pointer? You have to click exactly on an object that's flinging by at a million miles an hour. Also, I'm pretty sure clicking in the middle of the ring hole makes it not collect it.
    • Try to avoid using 7mb mp3s for music when the total size of the game is 10mb including it. :/
    That all said... It's apparently your first game, so one cant be too harsh, I suppose. Really not sure why you would release it, though. Practice on another 100 games and then start releasing them. Seriously, I know just what it's like. You'll get there eventually, just... not now.

13. Coltonamore
    OP

United States
    Yeah when I get the hang of it, I'm going to make a game called Temporal Flux. Like you said I'm going to practice allot before I release it.:yaysp: