Sonic Ring Grabber (PC)

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Coltonamore, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Coltonamore
    OP

Coltonamore Time to stop Tron Bonne!

Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Kattelox Island
  2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You need to... work a little on the transparency issues... ;)

Use Magenta (RGB 0,255,0 - easy as pie) instead of whatever you're using and get some higher-resolution backgrounds or use tiles to make your own - the border is a little "crooked".

That and... well... the core concept is a bit odd... plus the proportions need some attention... those rings are massive...

3. Coltonamore
    OP

Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Kattelox Island
    Yeah, I'm using game maker (I even said that in the readme.) I know it needs a little work but I'll try to get it to look and work properly.

4. Fyrus

Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

Jul 6, 2010
    France
    Marseille - France
    Say, could you put some screenshots up ? just curious.

5. Coltonamore
    OP

Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Kattelox Island
    I got the software to do it. This post is now false

6. Fyrus

Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

Jul 6, 2010
    France
    Marseille - France
    It's ... not really hard ? Print screen, any image software, paste, and upload ...

Sicklyboy likes this.
  7. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Yes you do.
    Edit:

Edit 2 - there are fruits? And tutorial in what first game? The first Sonic had no tutorial.

Also it might be a good idea to include in the readme what is actually going on. I hit play and I'm dropped into a clusterfuck of black dots and huge rings moving with a sprite that wants to run but is stationary. I don't know if you have to hold down LMB to pick up the rings. I don't know what happens if you get hit with a bomb. I don't know if anything happens if you get hit with a bomb. I don't know when I get hit with a bomb. And it seems more bombs get added over time? Add a score tracker to the level. And when does the level end? I was playing and suddenly I just got a high score entry window.

cherryw17 likes this.
  8. Coltonamore
    OP

Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Kattelox Island
    I'm referring to the game maker 8 first game tutorial that comes with it (if you use game maker 8 you know what I mean.) Its a still sprite, I don't know how to animate sprites in game maker I'm a total noob at it.
    The level never ends If you click on a bomb It's game over and a high score window appears. I made the rings smaller and fixed some things like holding down the mouse still gives you points for the ring. changed the wall It still needs a higher res background after that Version 1.1 will be released

9. Coltonamore
    OP

Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Kattelox Island
    Sorry for double post, but I have a video in the first post showing off the gameplay.

10. Coltonamore
    OP

Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Kattelox Island
    Sorry for the triple post. But I have a new version with a better readme and improvements. Download the new version and try it out.

11. Coltonamore
    OP

Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Kattelox Island
    I have the last version posted hope you guys like it

12. Chrscool8

Chrscool8 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2008
    United States
    That was... really bad.

• As said, the transparencies are really bad. What's with all the artifacts on Sonic and everything?
    • He's not even animated, nor is anything else.
    • Gameplay is... impossible. Where is the part of Sonic that is the mouse pointer? You have to click exactly on an object that's flinging by at a million miles an hour. Also, I'm pretty sure clicking in the middle of the ring hole makes it not collect it.
    • Try to avoid using 7mb mp3s for music when the total size of the game is 10mb including it. :/
    That all said... It's apparently your first game, so one cant be too harsh, I suppose. Really not sure why you would release it, though. Practice on another 100 games and then start releasing them. Seriously, I know just what it's like. You'll get there eventually, just... not now.

13. Coltonamore
    OP

Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Kattelox Island
    Yeah when I get the hang of it, I'm going to make a game called Temporal Flux. Like you said I'm going to practice allot before I release it.:yaysp: