Ny'hrarr ♂
OP
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Decided to pack my own custom installers for the Sonic Mania decompilation, this way you can launch the game directly from the Wii U Menu, it comes in two flavors: Vanilla and Plus. This is based on the port made by Clownacy, I'll be updating this post whenever a new release is available.

Vanilla
Plus

Download | Installer + WUHB
Port version:
  • Choosing between Vanilla and Plus is just a matter of which design you prefer, to enable Sonic Mania Plus you have to follow the instructions mentioned here.
  • The Data.rsdk must go in this directory: sd:/RSDK/v5/Data.rsdk, additional instructions are included in the download link.
  • For those who prefer to manually pack their own installers you can get my custom resources here.
Installers and WUHB files are also individually attached to this post in case you just want to download one specific version.[/CENTER][/CENTER][/CENTER]

Attachments

• Vanilla 1.0.7 (Installer).zip
    9 MB · Views: 50
  • Vanilla 1.0.7 (Aroma).zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 31
  • Plus 1.0.7 (Installer).zip
    9 MB · Views: 66
  • Plus 1.0.7 (Aroma).zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 55
Last edited by NinStar,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@NinStar ... Should probably mention on the op this is for tiramasu /aroma users as any haxchi or cbhc users can't use as it obviously won't be compatible.

It MAY stop potential questions filling up your thread! Good work btw!

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
OP
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
@NinStar ... Should probably mention on the op this is for tiramasu /aroma users as any haxchi or cbhc users can't use as it obviously won't be compatible.

It MAY stop potential questions filling up your thread! Good work btw!
Actually, as long as you have signpatches enabled (mocha and haxchi's default cfw already have it as far as I remember) it should work.

muniryka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
A while ago I decided to pack my own installers so you can launch the Wii U port of Sonic Mania made by Clownacy directly from the Wii U Menu. I'll be updating this post whenever a new release is out.

Vanilla
Plus

Download | Installer + WUHB
Port version:
  • Choosing between Vanilla and Plus is just a matter of which design you prefer, to enable Sonic Mania Plus you have to follow the instructions mentioned here.
  • The Data.rsdk goes on sd:/RSDK/v5/Data.rsdk, additional instructions are included with the download link.
  • The download link above also include the resources for the splash screens (TV and GamePad), icons and boot sounds used to pack the installers for those who prefer to pack it manually.
Installers and WUHB files are also individually attached to this post in case you just want to download one specific version.
can you please make Custom Installers for the Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD Decomps? i'd greatly appreciate it. i just can't use docker in my pc to make them.

Reactions: HeadstrongWolf

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you please make Custom Installers for the Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD Decomps? i'd greatly appreciate it. i just can't use docker in my pc to make them.
there are instructions in the super mario 64 for wiiu thread on making wuhb files. not hard, but I do think you need the make command and the wuhb creator, which I forgot the name of. both are part of devkitpro.
Post automatically merged:

iirc, it also makes an rpx btw. and, that's the super mario 64 decompilation thread to be exact.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you make a forwarder, I'm pretty it would require recompiling these ports of RSDK with a new path for the data.rsdk files to have something similar to the installers for Sonic Mania.
I'm not sure where the location is located, but it may be in the source code of the sonic repo. I don't know though.

muniryka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Unless you make a forwarder, I'm pretty sure it would require recompiling these ports of RSDK with a new path for the data.rsdk files to have something similar to the installers for Sonic Mania.
Yes i meant a forwarder lol

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated to version 1.0.6
There was an update? Cool.

Edit: Special Stage is now SLOW I remember it being much faster on Wii U, I expect a few more enhancement updates coming out soon.

On a different note, I just found out Sonic 3 received a Wii port, I wonder if a Wii U support can be made.

Edit 2: As it turns out the Wii port of Sonic 3 is just a heavy mod of Sonic Mania which turns it into Sonic 3, I wonder if it can be applied to Sonic Mania for the Wii U, please don’t ask me for a download link.

Last edited by sonictopfan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0