Sonic 3 & Knuckles on jEnesisDS

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Deliverance, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Deliverance
    OP

Deliverance Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2010
    France
    Paris
    Hi everyone, first i must thank you the whole site which is awesome ! It helped me very often with my flashcards (M3i Zero and Supercard DSTwo).

Now my question, does someone had succeeded to make Sonic 3 & Knuckles work on jEnesisDS ? The game won't load on my cards...

Thank you in advance for your replies ! [​IMG]

2. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    If memory serves me correct S&K 3 doesn't work with with jEnesis. I'd suggest you get the Sonic classic Collection instead.

3. Tonitonichopchop

Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2009
    United States
    Lock-on games don't work in jEnesisDS because the roms are too large and can't be loaded into the memory. So in short, you can't play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 & Knuckles, or Sonic 3 & Knuckles. This also effects some of the larger roms.

4. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    Sonic Classic Collection for the DS is your only option.

5. Deliverance
    OP

Deliverance Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2010
    France
    Paris
    Wow ! Thank you for your fast replies ! All right i'll get Sonic Classic Collection on NDS ! ^^

6. hullo8d

hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2010
    United States
    There was a way of getting it to work by getting a patch so you can cut down its size to 4MB.

7. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Like Sonic Classic Collection is such a bad thing. It's a collection of the Genesis Sonic games and you don't need a whole emulator to play them.

8. campbell00

campbell00 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2007
    United States
    Yeah, but the framerate is halved so that it maintains stability. I'd take 60FPS any day, regardless of the work.

Original Poster: Yeah, this website was something I made in my spare time. Glad you like it!

9. tuddy666

tuddy666 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2008
    somewhere in the UK
    Pretty much, but the purists insist it's not perfect because - *long list of reasons, most of which you would never notice*

Honestly, if you can grab it on the cheap (free is cheap, if you get what I mean), it's a nice little collection of some of the greatest platformers of the 16-bit era on the go, which is always a good thing.

And a bunch of crappy stock artwork that's been on about... three or four collections prior to this, but nobody cares about that.