Something like Amiiqo for Disney Infinity?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by lonesome_killer, Aug 30, 2015.

1. lonesome_killer
    OP

lonesome_killer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    Is there a device like this for Disney Infinity. Thanks for helping a noob

2. SuperSVGA

SuperSVGA GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2013
    United States
    There probably isn't one yet. I'm not sure what type of tag they use, someone told me Mifare Plus once but I don't know for sure.

3. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Amiiqo does support Disney Infinity as far as I can tell.
    They have a website where people can upload dumps from their figures and there is a Disney Infinity section.

4. lonesome_killer
    OP

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    Do you have a source for this?
    The Disney Infinity section on the site is empty. And the websites feature list only says Amiibo. Doesn't mention Infinity.

5. iCEQB

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...his-for-Disney-Infinity?p=1757305#post1757305

If you don't know him, this guy has his fingers pretty much everywhere, so what he says is probably right / true.
    He also set up this NFC bank website where you can see the Disney Infinity board, which he didn't just add for shits and giggles.
    He probably got the info directly from the devs to just add it, as it will be possible to copy them sometime in the future.

6. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    Maxlander maybe?

7. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    I think that the MaxLander only works for Skylanders. I'm in the process of reviewing it right now. I don't think it works with Amiibos or Infinity.

8. lonesome_killer
    OP

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    I saw that post. He says "progress is being made." So nothing supports it right now? I remember last time "progress was being made", it was the WiiKey U

9. iCEQB

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    This was a whole different story ... the main developer behind 3k3y and xk3y left it all behind and abandoned the whole project (as you might saw, the support for those 2 is pretty much dropped).
    Iirc there were a few peeps who tried to keep it alive, but nothing came out of it.

Maybe we will see it again once the Wii U is completely hacked (IOSU exploit still to go) ... but right now don't count on it.

Also comparing such a complex system like the WiiKey U to a Amiiqo is like compariong a real car to a hot wheels toy.

10. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Got more information. They aren't planning on having it work for anything but Skylanders in the near future.