Someone I know thinks that Minecraft will do poorly.

BloodyFlame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's a pretty big dumbfuck, he get's D's and F's in classes, and he's a Sony fanboy. Just to let you know him a little and what to expect.
Anyways, he believes that Terraria will do better than Minecraft. His main "argument" is that Terraria is better than Minecraft, and that it is boring. He also says that Minecraft is doing poorly in sales.

QUOTE(http://www.minecraft.net/stats.jsp) said:
9956844 registered users, of which 2662577 (26.74%) have bought[*] the game.

In the last 24 hours, 40853 people registered, and 9173 people bought the game.

He says that Terraria has more sales, however, I have no idea what the sales for Terraria are. Another piece of "evidence," if you would even call it that, is that the Alpha stages are over. The Alpha stage for both games are over, so anything about it is meaningless.

He's comparing a game that has a release candidate and a game that is well within Beta. He refuses to listen to ANYTHING I say, because he "knows" that Minecraft is going to do poorly and repeats his "arguments." This guy...

EDIT: Also, he believes that if he said this online, he'll have most people on his side.

BloodyFlame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
If he'd had said they will have sold it to almost everyone who likes by the time it comes out I could see where he was coming from.

He didn't. When he was arguing with me, he just made stuff up. Everything he said was said without looking it up beforehand.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Simply put...

[youtube]EYWbatgKN4g[/youtube]

Just sounds like another ill-informed douche wanting to rage against whatever's popular in the feeble hope that it will somehow give meaning to his hollow and pointless existance. Ignore him and all others like him. When Mother Nature gets back from wherever she's fucked off on vacation and Natural Selection kicks back in, they'll be the first to go.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well ive played minecraft but got super bored by it after a month , i just did't see the objection of the game anymore apart from building houses which gets boring after a while but i agree minecraft is doing well but i know a lot of people who get bored by this game after a while.

BloodyFlame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ringo619 said:
Well ive played minecraft but got super bored by it after a month , i just did't see the objection of the game anymore apart from building houses which gets boring after a while but i agree minecraft is doing well but i know a lot of people who get bored by this game after a while.

Same goes for Terraria, but he refuses to believe it's possible. Replay value was one of his arguments, but he wouldn't admit that replay is basically the same for both games. When I do bring it up, he asks me how much I want to bet, whether I'm right or wrong.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BloodyFlame said:
cwstjdenobs said:
If he'd had said they will have sold it to almost everyone who likes by the time it comes out I could see where he was coming from.

He didn't. When he was arguing with me, he just made stuff up. Everything he said was said without looking it up beforehand.

Lol sorry I know, I was just saying he could actually bring up good arguments for his point of view if he even tried. I don't even agree with what I said there, but I don't think it will be as big as people expect though.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Imo I prefer Terraria! It depends what you like. Minecraft is better if you're more creative and like to build stuff, It blows Terraria out of the water creative wise.

Graphics, combat, gameplay, Terraria is way more fun than Minecraft IMO.

People seem to compare them a lot even though they aren't even that similar.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your friend may mean that he's not a fan of Minecraft and thinks it's a dumb idea.
In which case, I agree with him.

BloodyFlame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
BloodyFlame said:
cwstjdenobs said:

Lol sorry I know, I was just saying he could actually bring up good arguments for his point of view if he even tried. I don't even agree with what I said there, but I don't think it will be as big as people expect though.

That's asking WAY too much of him. I think the things he said were his best reasons.

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Jun 30 2011, 12:04 PM)
Your friend may mean that he's not a fan of Minecraft and thinks it's a dumb idea.
In which case, I agree with him.

He has the game, and used to obsess over it. Just yesterday he was bragging that he found some diamonds.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why do these threads come up so often? "So I know this guy, he gets bad grades, and he loves Sony. Listen to this ridiculous thing he said!" An obscene amount of threads pop up with this exact scenario.

BloodyFlame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
Why do these threads come up so often? "So I know this guy, he gets bad grades, and he loves Sony. Listen to this ridiculous thing he said!" An obscene amount of threads pop up with this exact scenario.

I'd like a list of those threads. Also, this is a blog section, and I can choose to blog about almost anything I want, regardless of whether it'd be redundant or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries