Hacking Some things not working under PRO b10 fix 1 (emulators)

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently upgraded to PRO B10 fix 1 from my faithful 5.5 prome 4 CFW, no good reason to upgrade, I just figured, why not? PSP games and PSX eboots are working fine, as is Master Boy which I had already used with the old CFW, however the last two emulators I have tried have failed to work, the first was the GBA emulator, I forget its name, and then tonight I tried to get PSPectrum to work and again I encountered the same problem, when I go to my memory card in XMB the emulator icon is missing and the is a little corrupt data icon. I'm sure it's something simple/stupid - anyone give me a quick fix?

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
PRO B-XX firmwares doesnt support unsigned apps. SO maybe these 2 apps you have there are not signed and a corrupt icon shows up.

This is a wild guess, since 6.XX CFW, homebrew that are not signed will not work on this.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
PRO B-XX firmwares doesnt support unsigned apps. SO maybe these 2 apps you have there are not signed and a corrupt icon shows up.

This is a wild guess, since 6.XX CFW, homebrew that are not signed will not work on this.

Wait a second...what? You're saying a CFW doesn't support custom applications? That's not right. OFW wouldn't support unsigned homebrew or games, NOT a CFW.

This sounds more like a compatibility issue. Grab the GBA emulator from the topic here and report whether it works or not.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
that was my assumption, since when I upgraded to PRO-Bxx CFW on my PSP, all my apps that I know wouldnt not work anymore since they are unsigned. After that, I just use a certain Windows Application do the signing on the emulators and apps that I used on my PSP. And after that it works.

old GEN-D CFW upgraded to 6.60 PRO-B10FIX Perma

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I downloaded FUSE, a different Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator, and it worked fine. Documentation said it was for 2.00 and above, so I guess the others, which were older emus, are 1.50 compatible and will not work with PRO B10?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
that was my assumption, since when I upgraded to PRO-Bxx CFW on my PSP, all my apps that I know wouldnt not work anymore since they are unsigned. After that, I just use a certain Windows Application do the signing on the emulators and apps that I used on my PSP. And after that it works.
Are you sure the upgrade worked? The entire point of CFW is to run unsigned things.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
theres no point to run a unsigned app if you can sign them anyway. just like here in PRO CFW it doesnt support any unsigned app anymore.

theres also the same sceneario in PS3 CFW. In 3.41, it allows unsigned program execution, after 3.55 and way to sign homebrews, they drop unsigned homebrew execution.

CFW is not all about unsigned code execution, at least it does do different things in Official Firmware, it is called Custom since its already customized.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
theres no point to run a unsigned app if you can sign them anyway. just like here in PRO CFW it doesnt support any unsigned app anymore.

theres also the same sceneario in PS3 CFW. In 3.41, it allows unsigned program execution, after 3.55 and way to sign homebrews, they drop unsigned homebrew execution.

CFW is not all about unsigned code execution, at least it does do different things in Official Firmware, it is called Custom since its already customized.
Only a limited subset of things can be signed. Kernel-mode applications (PSP Ident) cannot be signed, applications that try to use the hardware in a specific way (such as the Media engine usage in the faster SNES emulators) cannot be signed, and so on. There's also plugins, which AFAIk cannot be signed, which also means no custom theme animations and no cheat programs and other modifications to OFW which come with the realm of CFW.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't think of any reason why someone using a CFW would opt for a signed homebrew over an unsigned one. (unless they're running a temp CFW and are lazy). PRO CFW's most certainly do support unsigned "everything", as have every proper CFW for a very long time.

I think you've confused yourself akari. Why not test it for yourself?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't think of any reason why someone using a CFW would opt for a signed homebrew over an unsigned one. (unless they're running a temp CFW and are lazy). PRO CFW's most certainly do support unsigned "everything", as have every proper CFW for a very long time.

I think you've confused yourself akari. Why not test it for yourself?

Well, there is one reason. If the latest version of that homebrew you can find happens to be signed and you don't want to bother trying to "unsign" it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, there is one reason. If the latest version of that homebrew you can find happens to be signed and you don't want to bother trying to "unsign" it.

Granted memory is cheap these days but signed homebrew is generally larger so it's less preferable. Also, how hard is it to find an unsigned homebrew? Not very.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr