Hacking Some questions about backup loading

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, i'm new to the ps3 scene and i hope you can help me with some basic questions:

1. I have downloaded a release, but it's not a pkg file. It's a folder (PS3_GAME\USRDIR) with some files. for example *.sdat and *.rpf files. Can i load this game with MultiMan or any other backup loader on kmeaw CFW?

2. Can i copy this release on a usb stick and launch it or how can i get it on the ps3 from pc?

3. Can i use the ntfs formation on the usb-stick, because one file is bigger then 4gb?

Maybe we should make a "noob paradise" thread like in the wii-section, so that there are not so many threads about basic stuff?

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I fall into this category also. I know how all the shit works, I just don't know what I HAVE to put on the internal HDD from the PS3_GAME folder. And also, if I put a game into HDD:\GAMEZ\GAme Name will it work, or do I HAVE to use the BCUSXXXX format? I'm using kmeaw and all that.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
After setting up your FTP connection you need to upload the BLUS##### folder from your PC to devhdd0/games on your PS3, then launch something like Rogero and fire up the game. To play from external you need to put that same folder in 'gamez'... I think. I'm only playing from internal

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
synce said:
After setting up your FTP connection you need to upload the BLUS##### folder from your PC to devhdd0/games on your PS3, then launch something like Rogero and fire up the game. To play from external you need to put that same folder in 'gamez'... I think. I'm only playing from internal

But how can i get the release on a fat32 usb device, if one file is larger then 4gb?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sotoro said:
synce said:

But how can i get the release on a fat32 usb device, if one file is larger then 4gb?
If the file is larger than 4Gb then you will need to run the game from the PS3's internal hard drive.

bnui_ransder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently using a dual FAT32/WBFS external HDD.

So far I have tested 2 games. DMC4 and RE5, both running with no problems from the ext HDD. No special folders either, I moved the whole BLUS folder onto the FAT32 partition, navigated to the EBOOT.BIN in multiMAN, and when loading the game, I choose to go back to the XMB and launch the game there.

My PS3 was 2.10>3.55OFW>kmeaw

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
luke_c said:
Sotoro said:
synce said:

If the file is larger than 4Gb then you will need to run the game from the PS3's internal hard drive.

ahh ok, and the only way to get such a release (with a file larger then 4gb) from pc to ps3 is ftp for the moment right?

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Yeah best to go internal... Some games like GT5 have most of the data in one huge ass file. There may be some splitting methods but it would probably affect compatibility and performance

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sotoro said:
luke_c said:
Sotoro said:
synce said:

ahh ok, and the only way to get such a release (with a file larger then 4gb) from pc to ps3 is ftp for the moment right?
Yeah, if you are going to use FTP it is highly recommended you use a wired Ethernet connection, otherwise it will take forever to copy the game across. Another thing you could do is just FTP the files that are over 4Gb across and then transfer the rest over using an external hard drive for example.

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
luke_c said:
Sotoro said:
luke_c said:
Sotoro said:
synce said:

Yeah, if you are going to use FTP it is highly recommended you use a wired Ethernet connection, otherwise it will take forever to copy the game across. Another thing you could do is just FTP the files that are over 4Gb across and then transfer the rest over using an external hard drive for example.

thx for the info - any idea how long it will take for a ~7gb release with a wired connection?

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
38.2GB game (FFXIII Japanese Version)

took me 7minutes to transfer via 1000mbit Ethernet Connection.. (23.2mbps shows on my FileZilla)

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ZombiePosessor said:
akari212 said:

took me 7minutes to transfer via 1000mbit Ethernet Connection.. (23.2mbps shows on my FileZilla)

Goddamn... was that a wired connection?

He did say ethernet.

QUOTE(Ritsuki @ Jan 20 2011, 07:35 PM)
Do I need a crossover or straight ethernet cable ?
Just a straight up ethernet cable going from you PC to your PS3.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
akari212 said:

that doesnt math at all that many GB at that speed would take 28minutes, seven minutes isn't even possible due to ps3 hard drives max speed

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jefffisher said:
akari212 said:

that doesnt math at all that many GB at that speed would take 28minutes, seven minutes isn't even possible due to ps3 hard drives max speed

Yeah the math doesn't add up either... 23mbps? I was running 68-70mbps on my FTP transfer and it still took an hour and 45 minutes to FTP GOW3. What sucks tho is I have NO actual PS3 games, the PS3 I'm using I repaired from YLOD. Problem is, I can't get any backup managers working that require a game to be in the BRDrive, because mine is dead and i hgave no games, lol. Guess I'm waiting around for a discless BM feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑) +1