Some problems with hombrew channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hateworkboy, Apr 18, 2010.

Apr 18, 2010
  1. hateworkboy
    OP

Newcomer hateworkboy Newbie

United States
    My ultimate goal here is to be able to run Monster Hunter Tri off my USB device.

I've got firmware 4.1U, and I've played many burned games such as No More Heroes 2 and Silent Hill, so I know I have all the proper IOS and things to run those newer games okay. I heard MH Tri only really works well when running off a USB device so I'm going that route.

MY MAIN PROBLEM:
    I have installed the CFG USB loader onto my homebrew channel, and that loads up alright but it gives me an error before it reads my USB drive, something to the effect of not being able to load IOS222 or some such. I SUPPOSE the correct way to solve this is to install IOS249 *or* Hermes' IOS222/223, right? those seem to be the only two that CFG is able to use.

So, I'm trying to get IOS249, but here's my problem: every app I have that deals with IOS doesn't want to load. I select it on the homebrew channel, and my wii just goes to a black screen and the wii remote shuts off. I have to hold in the power button to get it to turn off.
    The two programs I've used that do this are Trucha Bug Restorer 1.1 and DopIOS. I've tried both tonight and both have the same effect. I try them MANY TIMES and it happens the same way each time.

Any ideas on why this is occuring, or how I can get around it?

I guess what I'd like to know is this: I have the game preordered at gamestop right now, so i'll be getting a legit copy. I planned on giving my legit copy to my friend, but unless I can get a hacked copy working, I want to use my purchased copy.

*ULTIMATELY*: if the legit game forces me to install an updated/latest firmware, is it going to brick my wii, or just render homebrew channel unusable?

2. hateworkboy
    OP

Newcomer hateworkboy Newbie

United States
    as luck would have it, i've solved almost all of my problems, but a new one has arisen:

My CFG Loader won't recognize games that i've put on my USB flash drive.

I basically just threw the ISO files onto the flash drive and hoped for the best, but I wonder if there's a more proper method to it.

Oh uh, CFG Loader ended up working with the ios222 that i managed to install.