some pc problem

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by mysterio123, Dec 9, 2008.

Dec 9, 2008

some pc problem by mysterio123 at 9:13 AM (1,107 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. mysterio123
    OP

Newcomer mysterio123 Advanced Member

Singapore
    i have one CRT monitor and one LCD monitor. Using Nvidia Geforce 9600GT
    I have been using the CRT monitor for a very long time then suddenly the CRT monitor stops working so i bought a LCD monitor and tried it and it worked. So i put the CRT aside. One month later, the LCD monitor also stopped working with a "No input signal" when i on my PC, at first i thought the wire was damaged so i bought a new 1 and it still didn't work. So, i tried changing back to my CRT monitor and now the CRT monitor worked.
    After like another one month, i wanted to change back to my LCD but it still didn't work.
    i tried my LCD on my friend's com and it worked PERFECTLY.
    Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my com?

2. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Sounds like the problem may be coming from your graphics card, not your monitors or LCD, maybe its damaged or not getting an adequate amount of power from your PSU. Have you tried updating your drivers or switching cards? I know its a tough thing to troubleshoot as you need a second graphics card.

edit: have you been using the graph card for long or is it new?

3. mysterio123
    OP

Singapore
    I changed my graphic card after my CRT monitor stopped working.Let me show u a Timeline of everything that happened.
    Using CRT monitor -->CRT stopped working-->Kept trying untill it worked-->Stopped working again-->Fed up with it-->Changed to LCD-->Changed graphic card and also motherboard-->LCD stopped working-->kept trying but no luck-->Tried CRT monitor(worked perfectly)
    BTW, before i changed graphic card my graphic card was Geforce FX5200.This graphic card i am currently using is only 1 month new.

4. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Right does the signal just drop all of a sudden, or do you turn your PC on and you just get a black screen and no booting? (even though it may sound like its on) A PC when switched on may give a black screen if the BIOS RAM or CPU are failing, have failed. Also it may be worth booting into safe mode just to check, boot into safe mode by tapping your F8 key on startup (windows). Since you changed your motherboard it probably isnt the BIOS though.

Heres a descrition of what safe mode does btw if you are unfamiliar

5. mysterio123
    OP

Singapore
    When starting the com, the LCD would blink (makes u think its starting) and then "no input signal".
    I read from some sites saying it has something to do with Nvidia control panel. haven't really try it yet. It says that i would have to use dual screen so i can configure the LCD to work. They kept saying something to do with plug n play.

6. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Well could be you have set your system to dual desktop or extended desktop, but once it boots up it should display something on both screens at least. I doubt its that, but you could try having two monitors set up at the same time just to check I guess. Or it could be that you have set the pc to an unsupported resolution, which would give you a no input signal and a blink at the start. Booting into safe mode sets the resolution to vga which all lcd's and crt's should be able to support.

7. mysterio123
    OP

Singapore
    i am able to boot into safe mode but i dunno what to do.
    I also tried booting with my CRT monitor first and then plug out the cable and put the LCD cable in and it worked. but once i open a game which uses full screen, it comes out with out of range. And, whenever i open the Nvidia control panel or restart/shutdown, the LCD monitor turns black and then "no input signal".

8. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Safe mode just uses your basic hardware and software, you just run it as a basic test to see how everything works without tons of crap running in the background. If it works in safe mode it means your hardware isnt faulty. And you may have a driver/ software problem. Sounds to me like your trying to run things in an unsupported resolution, look up your LCD's specs and check exactly what resolutions it can display at, sounds like it may solve your problem. Also it may be worth running the add new hardware wizard when you have your LCD plugged in, when I first used mine it had to plug and play and install the LCD, could be yours didnt plug and play properly the first time.

9. mysterio123
    OP

Singapore
    I got another solution i can try, i can uninstall my nvidia driver and then install it back with my LCD monitor connected, cause at the end of the installation they always ask if i want to optimize the settings or they do it for me.
    I already tried adding new hardware but got nothing.Strange thing is that there it still works.

10. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Worth a go, I was referring to the plug and play drivers for the LCD though, when I hooked up my LCD it installed itself to my PC. I was just giving options for you to try because your problem is a bit weird! [​IMG]

11. mysterio123
    OP

Singapore
    The LCD didnt install by itself.I scanning for new hardware but got nthing.

12. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Probably is already installed then bro, I must say your problem has me stumped, new graph, new board, new cables, two different screens and still the same problem, im all out of ideas! [​IMG]

Hopefully some other people can jump in this topic soon, its quite rare for just two people to be banging their heads against a wall here with no one else lending advice!

I still suspect its a resolution issue, or maybe even a refresh rate one.

I really dont know what else to suggest. Just keep posting what you are trying out and well see what happens! [​IMG]

13. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    I hate to state the obvious but have you tried reinstalling windows? Sometimes windows acts funny after a long while. On my last install my Z key would stop working in lowercase randomly for no apparent reason.

14. mysterio123
    OP

Singapore
    i changed a motherboard in between this time line
    which means i had to reinstall windows.And still had problems.