Hacking Some N3ds XL questions (new unit)

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi all,
since I had my birthday recently and got some money cause of it,
wanted to upgrade from my old 3ds that I have had since launch date back in 2011,
the n3ds xl is WAY more powerful and better than my current 3ds unit (I'll sell my old unit which I have removed the CFW I added in to get famialr with the hacking process)

anywise, I have some questions related to it:

( I have hacked my n3ds xl yesterday using 3ds.guide & method nrtboothax).

1) when I first booted up my new system (stock ver 11.4-36E)
(this was before I hacked my system)
HNI_0001.JPG
I noticed that it had a pre installed demo of
"tomodachi Life: Welcome Version"

Nvm, I deleted it using Data Management :)

2) since im using a new 3ds, the annoyance of having to
1) unscrew the cover
2) lift sides using my screwdriver (stylus doesn't do the trick for me?)
3) remove SD
4) put in pc using micro sd adapter
5) remove sd after transfer and redo all previous steps.

long story short, this is annoying each time,
but thanx to Micromangement this isn't needed ever,
just put in your sd and NEVER take it out.

um, my question here is:

if I use Filezilla (Mac or windows) and using FTDB?
to transfer my files over wifi,
how safe is this?
and when I've done my transfer how do I disconnect from FileZilla?
and on my n3ds I just close wireless and/or exit FTDB?

3) on my old 3ds I exported all my saves of all my games sing JK manger (2016 build)
um on my new 3ds xl, do I need to use the "same exact version" of JK manager that I used on my old 3ds to transfer the saves to my games?
or can I just use a updated build of JK manager?

4) will my Gateway DS flashcard work on n3ds xl without the need to use the DS function files to fix the issue?
on my old 3ds after I hacked my system and just inserted my flashcard in, it appeared and worked fine,
so the same should be true here?

5) I bought a screen protector to add to my screens, but I fucked up on some parts of the instructions,
I.e: the top protector wouldn't stick after removing all air bubbles and smoothing it down, when I removed the second layer it just came off the screen :(
the bottom screen, I had issues with alining it right, some of it's edges got caught on the sides of the touch screen and would not stick :(

the whole thing went to waste (5 euros), oh well I have put various screen pros all the time and this never happened. lol
if im having issues with applying the proctors, should I go to my local game store's technical help service after I buy the second protector
and just ask them to apply them for me?

thanx

Last edited by 2DSGamerdude,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. honestly, the trouble of taking out the microsd card is better that trying to do a wireless transfer. those are really slow.

3. as far as i know, you can use an updated version of jksm

4. i wouldn't recommend using gateway if your planning on using cfw. custom firmware is better, and with gateway, you can't update past 11.2 without bricking. it's up to you though

5. it sounds like you just got a bad screen protector, you can go somewhere if you want, but if you've done this before, get another one, and be more careful

Last edited by APartOfMe,
Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
2. honestly, the trouble of taking out the microsd card is better that trying to do a wireless transfer. those are really slow.

3. as far as i know, you can use an updated version of jksm

4. i wouldn't recommend using gateway if your planning on using cfw. custom firmware is better, and with gateway, you can't update past 11.2 without bricking. it's up to you though

5. it sounds like you just got a bad screen protector, you can go somewhere if you want, but if you've done this before, get another one, and be more careful

hay epickid37,

thanx for the info, I got some of the things here fixed/solved from the questions I had asked here:

2. sometimes the Mircosd method is easier/faster (for big files), tho for small files, FTPDB + FileZilla is faster/easier and it works on a Mac OS too :)

3. the 2016 build of JK that I used worked fine for restoring my old saves back to their games cia on my new 3ds xl :)

4. the gateway Blue Card for DS games loads up on n3ds xl through CFW luma, but something fucked up on the card and I lost all my games on it,
however I didn't loose anything in the end as I had made a backup of my gateway blue card in January on my PC,
so I had all my games + saves for ds and such saved and safe to restore them to another card like r4I Gold 3DS RTS (which works far better than gateway blue DS card :)

5. the first screen protector I got I had trouble applying wrong,
but I went and got it again 2x to be safe and re applied the screens again (this time being more careful)
and I got them on and working fine (no coming off or not sticking) :)

Reactions: APartOfMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?