Some homebrew apps don't load

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Marcelofoxes, Aug 22, 2010.

Aug 22, 2010
  1. Marcelofoxes
    OP

Newcomer Marcelofoxes Newbie

Brazil
    I think my Wii is a little messed up, since when SMG backup launched and it couldn't be played on some Wiis back in 2007. So i switched to a d2ckey modchip, wich has some problems, like: i couldn't play NMBW and some other games that the titleID started with S ( New super mario bros = SMNE01, Super Mario Galaxy 2 = SB4E01). Today i solved many of my problems switching to a USB Loader, but before this i installed many things trying to get a workaround, like cIOS/DarkCORP.

Some weeks ago I tried to run WiiSX and got just a black screen with the disc slot light blinking, and today the same happened to FTPii. Just had problems with these apps. I searched all over the internet trying to find anything like this before posting here, but came up with no solutions.

Sorry if I wrote something wrong, my english is not perfect anymore ;/

2. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Darkcorp is dumb and probably screw your ios's up.

3. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    darkcorp isn't dumb, they way people use it is.

"i want to play games from the disc channel but not know how it works, therefore when i try something else, darkcorp comes back and bites me in the arse. help?"

sounds like you IOS36 is corrupted or damaged, try using the DARKCORP uninstaller.

4. Marcelofoxes
    OP

Newcomer Marcelofoxes Newbie

Brazil
    Just uninstalled DARKCORP, but that didn't work. The reason I installed it is that my modchip couldn't play some games ( with the titleID starting with S) even after softmodding my Wii.

One thing i noticed is, before uninstalling DARKCORP I was making a NAND Backup with Bootmii/boot2, and then I started HBC via Bootmii menu. I tried to run FTPii just for testing, and instead of giving me the black screen and blink the disc slot light, it returned to Bootmii. When I start HBC via the Wii system menu, FTPii gives me the blinking light.