Some help getting this game working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Irixion, Jan 9, 2011.

Jan 9, 2011
  1. Irixion
    OP

Newcomer Irixion Member

Canada
    Metroid Prime 2 -- Wii De Asobu, getting this thing to work is probably one of the hardest things I've done. iirc I had it working with CIOSCORP + Disc Channel boot or something of the sort, but I don't want to (nor can I) install it again.

So, does anyone have a fix to get this game working? Patching the IOS to 249 lets Multiplayer work, but when going into 1P, the game just has the 'LOADING...' text in Japanese, and then that goes away and I'm left with a black screen. I have CIOS Rev 21, with the latest NeoGamma loader.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Try turning on Block IOS reload.
    EDIT: Why are you running that game over Metroid Prime Trilogy?

3. Irixion
    OP

Newcomer Irixion Member

Canada
    I've tried both IOS block methods. As to answer your question--difficulty settings.

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Metroid Prime Trilogy can be played using the alt dol method. Use a cheat code to control your difficulty settings. I have no experience with Metroid Prime 2 - Wii De Asobu, so I cannot help you there.

SNEEK also allows for Metroid Prime Trilogy to be played without having to use the alt dol method and with complete control over difficulty.

5. Irixion
    OP

Newcomer Irixion Member

Canada

I don't own Trilogy though, and there's also multiplayer :x

Cheat codes? You mean with Ocarina? Last I checked (and this was a while ago) There wasn't such a code, could you point me to it?

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    For this game you may need regular alt .dol loading from disc, just try the one(s) that are not main.dol. Also, since it's a japanese game, try to force japanese as language, it's required for many japanese games on not japanese Wiis.

If you play the game with alt .dol loading, then the difficulty is always veteran(i think), you can only play with slot 1, and the main menu is not avaiable.

7. Lacius

United States
    Last I checked, there was multiplayer in Metroid Prime Trilogy as well. However, it requires SNEEK or a burned DVD-R DL with layer break. It is impossible to use multiplayer with a cIOS. :x

As for the difficulty settings when using the alt dol method, you can find the Metroid Prime Trilogy cheat codes here. I can confirm that all the difficulty modifiers work. I also pasted them below for easy access:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Again, SNEEK is also a viable alternative.

8. Irixion
    OP

Newcomer Irixion Member

Canada
    Does a MPT ISO determine the correct layer break? I have a few DVD + R DLs laying around...

9. Lacius

United States
    I am not sure since I use the Metroid Prime Trilogy with Metroid Prime 3 cut out of it in order to save space. See this thread for more details about playing multiplayer on Metroid Prime Trilogy.

10. Krestent

United States
    The layerbreak is the same one as that of SSBB. 2084960

11. toanwii

Newcomer toanwii Newbie

Vietnam
    I tried to use the cheat code Difficulty Modify for MP1 and i set it for normal difficulty (change X into 0) but when i'm in the MPT main menu then i press Left on D-pad and start MP1 it just shown the MP1 loading screen then freeze there! Could someone help me out?

12. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

Are you use alt dol?

13. Irixion
    OP

Newcomer Irixion Member

Canada
    Edit: Fixed.

14. toanwii

Newcomer toanwii Newbie

Vietnam
    I tried both of them: alt.dol and normal way , when i use alt.dol it just show a green screen and freeze there?!

15. Krestent

United States
    Which alt-dol did you select? As for the cheat, use it when the game itself starts.

16. toanwii

Newcomer toanwii Newbie

Vietnam
    I used the MP1 dol: rse_mp1.dol or something like that. And yeah even when i use cheat start the the game through the main menu without pressing left it still freeze at the loading screen!:(

17. Krestent

United States
    Only use the cheat if you play alt-dol. To get the game to run, try a clean, unpatched copy of the game and use the alt-dol method.

18. toanwii

Newcomer toanwii Newbie

Vietnam
    Well I have an original copy of it and like i said when i used alt.dol to launch MP1 dol with cheat difficulty modifier it freeze at the green screen! Or maybe the problem is cIOS? I installed cIOSX rev20 with base IOS57 in order to play Metroid Other M.