Hacking Some Games Crashing?

harobikes34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i having problems with a few games that keep crashing when i try to load them with the Configurable boot loader. Im having trouble with the PAL Version of Madworld, even with the force pal option on the screen flickers up and down. I read they i have to enable 1:1 mode and i do not know where or how to do that. Pikman 2 pal just crashes on me, i guess theres a way to fix it but it says you need to use a component cable, and i just use RCAs. ALso Red Steel crashes after the lovely information screen about the wii motion plus, to get to that i had to enable some alt. dol option and i selected the player.dol which was under the disk option,kinda off like they where in the same tree. I am running a softmodded wii with system menu 4.2, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
On Configurable, I have noticed since updating... maybe a month or two ago, that the game would suddenly stop loading data, even though my Drive was active. Maybe try downgrading? It was sometime just before ext2fs support that this started happening.

However, up until about a week ago, it would hang maybe every month. Now it happens around 20% of the time.

A tip: If it starts to hang while something's saving, give it a minute to ensure it's not actually saving, then just shut the Wii off. I did it and the game just acted like I hadn't gone to save, i.e. loaded from last good save with no message or anything weird.

EDIT: IGNORE EVERYTHING ABOVE. However, it my be useful for random hangs.

Same as you, I have a softmodded 4.2...

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
On Configurable, I have noticed since updating... maybe a month or two ago, that the game would suddenly stop loading data, even though my Drive was active. Maybe try downgrading? It was sometime just before ext2fs support that this started happening.

However, up until about a week ago, it would hang maybe every month. Now it happens around 20% of the time.

A tip: If it starts to hang while something's saving, give it a minute to ensure it's not actually saving, then just shut the Wii off. I did it and the game just acted like I hadn't gone to save, i.e. loaded from last good save with no message or anything weird.

EDIT: IGNORE EVERYTHING ABOVE. However, it my be useful for random hangs.

Same as you, I have a softmodded 4.2 Wii, running Configurable USB Loader.
Lets see:

1) Madworld: I believe you're supposed to Force NTSC, not force PAL50 or PAL60, for an NTSC TV running a PAL game.

2) Pikmin 2: Not sure why you'd need component cables. Verify your ISO's MD5, and make sure you're using Force NTSC and the right cIOS (usually Hermes 222 v5 is what I use. It works for all of my games except Guitar Hero 6 and Band Hero)

3) Red Steel 2: This is a common problem. After the WM+ video hangs, go into the game's options in Configurable USB Loader, and set the Alt-DOL to None. That's what you do with Wii Sports Resort, anyhow.

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning