OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Perfect, I did it but I got this message at the end:
Written preventative hekate_ipl.ini to microSd
You MUST use the PreventGCUpdate launch configuration EVERY BOOT if you want to prevent GC controller update!

???? :ohnoes::ohnoes:

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Perfect, I did it but I got this message at the end:
Written preventative hekate_ipl.ini to microSd
You MUST use the PreventGCUpdate launch configuration EVERY BOOT if you want to prevent GC controller update!

???? :ohnoes::ohnoes:
Do you care about future downgrades (you probably do, as you care about fuses)? If so, you need to edit hekate in order to keep your game card controller downgraded (but you also won't be able to use it), in order to be able to use it again on lower FW.

You need to add this: kip1patch=nogc,nosigchk to any entry you are using, which means you need to add this line to every entry in .ini you are using.

Never mind. You have updated from 4.0.1 to higher, so this has nothing to do with you (at least it shouldn't).

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

ark76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, if I just reboot and dont edit that file I won't be able to downgrade? And I'd like to use game cards... What would you advise me to do?

ark76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As AutoRCM is on, I think I can update them. What's the problem if I had to use a permanent jig and would update it?
I hope it's my last question, thanks for all your patience...
Edit: I deleted internet connection and installed an NSP to try... So I will be banned for sure if I do that update...
Any idea? :unsure:

Last edited by ark76,

ark76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I updated them. The Fw was included in 6.2.0 so I didn't have to go online ^_^
The "preventgcupdate" thing is to avoid an update in case I insert a game cartridge containing a FW update?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The game card slot reader (gc = game card) has a controller. That's the update it's referring to.

They are separate, because of course they are separate... The firmware has its own update, gc controller has its own update.

If you update the gc controller while on 6.2, you can use game cartridges, but you can never downgrade it. So if you ever decide to restore the NAND dump that your Switch came with, your cartridges either won't work or... your Switch may not boot (possibly, I don't know).

ark76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@DSpider the message I got about updating was of game controllers (it updated the joycons, both).
The other message I got after choidujouring was to prevent GC from updating my FW if a game cartridge contains one, I think.
Am I right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5