Wasi_White

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Greetings my fellow members.
I have the og switch the frist one. Offline emunand testing games. Normal nand online.

Can somebody clarify if the new oled model Mariko chip I guess is hackable? Wat firmware and chip do I need.
I searched but don't get the answers I need.
Somebody help me pls.
Kind regards

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OLED v3 chip is the latest. But price and functionality will vary by seller... Price of mine went up after I bought it, then went out of stock. I'm still waiting on some thermal paste before I install it, but I've already tried to update the firmware on it, and it appears to be set to not allow it via the USB dongle. Others have reported success with the dongle.

By the way, when I bought it, I paid $110. Plus the cost of the OLED switch... so you need to think carefully about whether or not it's really worth it to you. Docked, seems to be no difference. It just has a really pretty screen, and twice the emmc size.

Reactions: peteruk

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OLED v3 chip is the latest. But price and functionality will vary by seller... Price of mine went up after I bought it, then went out of stock. I'm still waiting on some thermal paste before I install it, but I've already tried to update the firmware on it, and it appears to be set to not allow it via the USB dongle. Others have reported success with the dongle.

By the way, when I bought it, I paid $110. Plus the cost of the OLED switch... so you need to think carefully about whether or not it's really worth it to you. Docked, seems to be no difference. It just has a really pretty screen, and twice the emmc size.

(just adding on to already great info…)

OLED (v3) is called Aula. OP guessed Mariko (V2). As @urherenow said Erista (V1) still holds its own…especially when docked. Should also include the cost of chip installation unless your a microsoldering ace Willing to risk all that new and expensive gear with your skill. Buying a V1 is cheaper and less…skillz dependent. So unless you need that OLED goodness (and it IS very nice)…

This recently posted video runs through the install in great detail, including the exact model chip to get that has the ability to update fw.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/oled-hwfly-install-video.606953/

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-