Some 3D work ( game usable )

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by Dragonlord, Oct 27, 2009.

Oct 27, 2009
  1. Dragonlord
    OP

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Switzerland
    Thought I might once put in some stuff I made for the unlikely case somebody actually cares [​IMG] . I've got a couple of models around here but I'll just post one for the beginning to see if there is any interest or not. So let's start with one of my first and especially complete models.

Quote from the Deviation Page about the Renamon Model:
    Here the main image and some additional views from the work process.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Images are nice but videos are better [​IMG] . Playing around producing some animations. All linked videos so you can watch them ( might upload them to myvideo if people like this better than direct links ).

Walking Animation ( direct video 4.4MB )
    [​IMG]

Crouching Stance Animation ( direct video 2.1MB )
    [​IMG]

Eventually putting this into a game engine just because I can [​IMG] . Nothing serious, just playing around with the model and animations. ( direct video )
    [​IMG]

So that's it for this model. I've somebody is interested I've got some others too, just say what you want to see ( if anything at all ): Imperialdramon DM, Charizard, Shield Liger.

EDIT: Posted Charizard model.

EDIT: Posted Imperialdramon DM model.

EDIT: Posted Shield Liger model.

2. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Wooooow... That's awesome stuff! [​IMG]

3. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    That pretty good.

4. Ducky

Member Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Israel
    thats good !!!! wish I could do that

5. Dragonlord
    OP

Switzerland
    Thanks you like it. So... interested in some more? As mentioned in the first post I've got 3 other models which ( except for one ) are finished. Not sure if I should put them in the same topic. Still the one-topic-per-person rule in effect?

6. OmerMe

Member OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Sure, post them, that's really awesome! I'd love to see more.

7. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    I spy with my little eye... A homebrew game

8. Dragonlord
    OP

Switzerland
    Nah, it's not for a game although it the model would be all ready to be placed in one ( properly rigged and textured ).

Now what goes for additional models... a new topic or in this topic? Not sure what the mods like or dislike [​IMG]

9. OmerMe

Member OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Just post it in this topic in a new post and in the first post, it's a new topic so people will notice the update.

10. Dragonlord
    OP

Switzerland
    Okay, here goes nothing. I'll continue then with the Charizard model. This one went over various other places so the text is a bit stitched together ( my apologies ). Images are clickies, videos will be added once uploaded to myvideo.

And here the videos in no particular order:
    Idle, Walk, Hit-Recover, Hit-Faint, IGDE Test.

For those not knowing the abbreviations, IGDE stands for "Drag[en]gine Integrated Game Development Environment" and is a game editing framework. I do all my tests in there.

NOTE: Video upload services usually don't allow to download videos in the original full version. For those interested in the original video you can find them here: Idle, Walk, Hit-Recover, Hit-Faint (v1, v2), IGDE Test.

NOTE: One might ask what the red and green shapes are in the IGDE video. I forgot to disable the debugging stuff there. These shapes are used to keep actors walking on the ground, that's all.

I've still got some testing open with that guy. I'm using him to test some engine features which I usually don't use but others might helpful so he's a sort of guinea pig for me right now [​IMG] . One more down, two more left. Got still in stock an IDramon-DM and a Shield Liger.

11. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    Looks pretty good [​IMG]
    You should seriously think about making a pokemon meets digimon kind of game using these models.

12. Dragonlord
    OP

Switzerland
    Another one for the count. Posting first the Imperialdramon DM one since the other is not finished yet. Again some a quote first about what it is:
    No IGDE Test run this time since he's not unwrapped and textured in a game ready form yet. Something for a rainy day [​IMG] . One more model missing, the shield liger.

13. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nicely done.
    I need to figure out how to create 3d models myself.

14. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    Great job on the models. Let us know when that game comes out [​IMG]

15. Dragonlord
    OP

Switzerland
    Sorry, no game with that. Did them just for practicing and having fun with some dragons in my collection [​IMG]

16. Dragonlord
    OP

Switzerland
    Took quite some time ( several days and some failed attempts ) at rotation-rendering this guy with all the reflective stuff but now I got the video so let's drop in another one... and a special one too. Why special? It has been the first real blender model I tried and where I aimed high. But some quotes are better to recap the story.
    Some screenshots of the result. More can be found again here
    [​IMG]

Last but not least two videos. One is the obligate rotation view which is the only one with the reflective material turned on. Makes some difference. And the other some igde test run. Played around there with the controllers, attachements and the typical walking around. Shadows look a bit strange since the model has been scaled down 1/10 for testing purpose and this is too small for the shadow caster to handle properly. I also rag-dolled ( physics ) this guy a little bit but no video of that yet. Could be done though if people like to see this dude tumble down some stairs ( well... sort of [​IMG] ).

I've got some plans with this guy beyond testing but it's nothing fixed yet. It will most probably boil down to a little sample scripts to test how it would look like ( meaning in-cockpit combat action or something along this line ). Nothing serious though since foreign IPs is a story on it's own so you can only do "testing" things [​IMG] . First I need to get it finished and that's a bit difficult with the lack of informations I have. Stumbled across some additional images recently which fill in the gaps. I'll work on this guy a bit more when I get the time.

17. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Wow, it looks brilliant! The amount of detail you've managed to get in without the model in front of you is amazing, you've done a really good job. I have one of these toys in a different colour, kept it from when I was a kid so if you need some extra reference pics or a copy of the instruction/assembly manual (which has some really good diagrams in it) just give me a shout [​IMG]

18. Dragonlord
    OP

Switzerland
    I found a copy of a manual of such a toy but it seems to be a more advanced version of this shield liger. It looks slightly different and the construction seems different in some parts too. Gave me though some pointers of the hidden details I did not see ( tried fixing up the leg after I learned through it that they actually have a shoulder/hip joint in the toy... I though they missed it... extra joint helps in animation [​IMG] ). A scan of the manual of the matching toy though would certainly help even more especially since the manual contains front/side shots of the body parts. I'd definitely not say no to such an offer [​IMG]

19. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Damn, the new stuff are sweet! I really like the Zoid one, it's plain awesome! [​IMG]

20. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom