Soma Bringer problem

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Sora de Eclaune, Aug 11, 2011.

Aug 11, 2011

Soma Bringer problem by Sora de Eclaune at 8:50 AM (1,197 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    I used the translation patch on a clean Soma Bringer ROM and now the icon and internal name are a default DS icon and "DS Program File" is the name. I've tried using DSBuff to fix it, but according to DSBuff, all the internal information is how it should be. What am I doing wrong?

2. Nathanaël

Member Nathanaël GBAtemp Regular

Nauru
    Dear Madame Sora de Eclaune,

you should tell us which card you think you are using.

Soma Bringer translation works fine with me, you know... And I use Wood, because all cool guys use that.

And please use RomeR-Beta2.1 to rename your ROMs if you'd like to rename them. Please. [​IMG]

3. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    That's how it was for me on Wood too. Just roll with it, the game works fine. As long as you don't have a lot of games that look like that, it should be easily identifiable.

4. trev1

Member trev1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    same here too but when i got a dstwo it was fixed....i believe it fixed itself on my acekard too... i think it does that when u patch it yourself..

5. Lemski07

Newcomer Lemski07 Advanced Member

Philippines
    just download a prepatched version on a popular random dl site, finished this game almost 3 years ago but never encountered any single problem, also played half of it using the ds wireless com with two of my younger bros. still playing it today if we got some spare time still no prob. =) google is your friend searching a random popular site. using iedge and edge w/ latest update.

6. Shiro09

Member Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Australia
    This what I did to fix it. First you have to unpack both the patched Soma Bringer and clean Soma Bringer with DSBuff. Then you take the unpacked patched Soma Bringer files and replace them with the clean. Then it you have the icon, YAY. Well thats how I got mine to work.

7. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    Hmm.. Well, Toushiro's way didn't fix it since I don't know what files to replace, and I couldn't download a prepatched version because the site I usually use to download prepatched ROMs from was down.

A few hours ago, though, I asked a friend and she suggested trying RomeR and that worked. This thread can be locked or whatever happens to threads like this when the problem's solved.

8. Shiro09

Australia
    I just replaced all the files, so what's RomeR?

9. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    It lets you edit the heador of a ds game.

10. Shiro09

Australia
    Yeah I just saw it.