[Solved] Help remembering a tactics game

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Issac, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Issac
    OP

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Hey there!

Once upon a time I got a game from the son of a friend of my dad. It was a tactical simulation game, or whatever it's supposed to be called. I want to find it again.

For some reason, i think it was a JoWood game, but haven't been able to find it.
    You were some secret agent, I think, and it was point-and-click styled real time until a fight occurred, when it went turn based. Pretty much like the newer Ufo titles.

I only played it briefly because it was hard for me when I was younger, but it's not THAT old. Had alright graphics, and I think it was set in an urban environment.

Any ideas? Anything you want to know that might help?

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Sounds a bit like Syndicate, but that was never turn based...

3. Issac
    OP

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
  4. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    it does sound like Syndicate

5. Issac
    OP

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    But it is not. The last syndicate game before the 2012 reboot was from 1996. This game is from... I would guess after 2002 at least.

6. Plainscript

Plainscript GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2012
    Netherlands
  7. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    There seems to be a lot of games like you're describing that all fall under the same general description. Could it have been one of the early Fallout games? Do you perhaps have a rough estimate of what year/age you were when you played the game?

8. Issac
    OP

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Nope, sorry. Unfortunately not.

Yeah I know, I've been searching sporadically for the last 6 months or so. It's not the early Fallout games either.
    Time has passed so quick lately so I have no idea when this was. I do however remember that I at the same time got Shadow of Memories, and that game felt dated at the time. So at the earliest 2002 / 2003.

And the perspective wasn't constant I THINK. It was like the screenshot I posted earlier, simple 3D graphics, like the sims, ufo aftermath etc. Not like Fallout, Syndicate and Jagged Alliance.

Celice likes this.
  9. Issac
    OP

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    I've found the game! However I was wrong, it was not turnbased. It was (just like Jagged Alliance) real time all the way.

Cold Zero: The Last Stand, from 2003.

So this is resolved, thanks for the help guys! :)