Hacking Solution to fix the '3.3v2' update

blakepender

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A User on Wiibrew have now submitted a solution for the 'damage' by the 23rd October Update

QUOTE said:
It is possible to undo the "damage" caused if you made the mistake of updating on or after October 23.

This process will only work if you already installed cIOS rev03 or greater before updating.

The newest version of WAD Manager looks for cIOS on startup and, if detected, makes use of it. As a result of this, it is in fact possible to undo the changes made by the update, by following the steps below:

1. Using WAD Manager, reinstall the old IOSes (IOS11 up to IOS37) from wads. The only legal way to obtain these is to use WUFE to extract the update files from games you legally own.
2. Once these are installed AnyTitle Deleter (which was broken by the update) will work properly again. So it is now possible to delete IOS51 using AnyTitle Deleter.

Alternatively, (once again, if you have cIOS rev03 or greater installed) you can use Waninkoko's IOS Downgarder (Please find good link) to do the first two steps for you.

Optional Steps:

1. After deleting IOS51, although not necessary, it is recommended to use cIOS Downgrader to downgrade to either 3.2 or 3.3 (3.2 recommended). Although the update doesn't change the System Menu version, by doing this you are giving yourself an extra guarantee that all traces of the update have been removed. But, cIOS Downgrader connects to Nintendo's download servers and grabs the latest version of IOS30 (the new patched one), so if you do use the downgrader you will need to reinstall IOS30 again from your legally obtained wad.
2. You will find, after doing this, that the Wii Shop Channel no longer works. This is because you still have the new version of the Wii Shop Channel installed on your system. Before the update, you were presented with a message informing you of the need to update. Now, if you attempt to access the Wii Shop Channel, you are simply thrown back to the Wii Menu. This happens because you still have the new version of the Wii Shop Channel installed, and therefore do not need to update. However, the new version expects IOS51 to be present, as a result it does not know what to do and therefore simply quits back to the Wii Menu. To fix this, and regain Wii Shop functionality, you can use Muzer's or tona'sWii Shop and IOS51 installer.

After doing this, you will have a fully working Wii System Menu (either 3.2 or 3.3), complete with working homebrew, IOS51, and Wii Shop Channel.

Note: It is actually only necessary to install IOS30 and a libogc-compatible IOS (Recommended: IOS36. You will see the greatest homebrew compatibility with this). However, to ensure maximum compatibility with all homebrew, it is recommended to install as many of the IOSes as possible.

Note: This has only been tested on a Pal Wii with unmodified region settings (Europe) and installing 3.2E when downgrading. Please edit this page as appropriate if you find a configuration that doesn't work.

Source
Discussion

blakepender

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are still on 3.1 then you are fine

Try another latest game such as Battle Of The Bands which have v3.2 (If your in Europe)
tongue.gif

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blakepender said:
QUOTE said:
But, cIOS Downgrader connects to Nintendo's download servers and grabs the latest version of IOS30 (the new patched one), so if you do use the downgrader you will need to reinstall IOS30 again from your legally obtained wad.
oh fiddle sticks... screw you damn nintendo servers!!!!
hate2.gif

don't worry i'll be like
yaynds.gif
in jiffy

ultimatecouchpot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
But, cIOS Downgrader connects to Nintendo's download servers and grabs the latest version of IOS30 (the new patched one), so if you do use the downgrader you will need to reinstall IOS30 again from your legally obtained wad.

That sounds like a it'll be a real pain, especially if (when) Nintendo updates the other IOSes on their servers. I don't want to have to keep backups of all the old IOS versions. Isn't anyone working on a downgrader that uses Patchmii?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i used the cIOS downgrader 1.2 lastnight, before doing so i used the shop channel & IOS51 fix... does that not make it look like my wii has already been officially updated and NOT install the "new update" off nintendo's servers?

probably still installs the new update huh?...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: