teapea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm a pretty confident solderer and been modding xbox consoles for ages for freinds, the small d0 point there isn't the easiest, but i have no worries going onto it.

are these wii points bigger than the d0 point?

seems a lot of people over on the wiinja forum are messing it up, but is it just cos they're rubbish and in fact it's dead easy, or are they quite tiny?

i've not opened mine up yet, hence why i'm asking, as the pics are always hard to scale propely even with rules in the photo etc.

crumpster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm a pretty confident solderer and been modding xbox consoles for ages for freinds, the small d0 point there isn't the easiest, but i have no worries going onto it.

are these wii points bigger than the d0 point?

seems a lot of people over on the wiinja forum are messing it up, but is it just cos they're rubbish and in fact it's dead easy, or are they quite tiny?

i've not opened mine up yet, hence why i'm asking, as the pics are always hard to scale propely even with rules in the photo etc.

Well, its MUCH smaller than the videos/pics show. I was very surprised when I saw how tiny the points were. My hands are also very large so I'm in for a treat once my modchip gets here (should be today).

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ps2 slim modding was hellish to me, damn things are so small i have to use my contacts since my glasses are slacking behind on perscription, wii shouldnt be all that hard seeing how you dont have to solder on or next to small components prob say around 3/4 mm to 1mm. small soldering iron, lead solder, small gauge wires and you should be good.

kdanarch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps2 slim modding was hellish to me, damn things are so small i have to use my contacts since my glasses are slacking behind on perscription, wii shouldnt be all that hard seeing how you dont have to solder on or next to small components prob say around 3/4 mm to 1mm. small soldering iron, lead solder, small gauge wires and you should be good.

The points are pretty tiny, but this was like... my third soldering job or something ridiculous like that and I managed to pull it off. You just have to make sure you've got enought insulation not to cross anything, and you've got to be sure not to put too much solder on the point or it might bridge another connection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, wire is definitely more practical IMO. Hell these days you can charge a laptop over...