Hacking Softmodding problems - console resets

lostdotfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a bit of a strange time trying to mod my recently acquired eBay special; 3003 PSP.

It came with 6.61 installed.

I managed to get the module checker to run once and it reported 3g

Now every time I try to run anything from the memory card slot - I get the white PS logo and chime - it sits there for a few seconds then turns off... the memory card access light doesn't flash at all... (the times I managed to get anything to work the light flashes as soon as the white ps logo screen appears.)

Trying to connect to PSN, the console finds an update and downloads it. When it tries to install - same error.

I'm using a 2 slot sd adapter, I'm beginning to wonder if this is my problem. I've tried multiple SD cards that I have laying around and same results ensue.

Any ideas - or has anyone had a similar issue?

lostdotfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just updating this for anyone else that has similar issues and stumbles across this thread.

Turns out that one of the BGA chips was failing, the one that sits below the heatsink on the top of the mainboard to the right of the plastic bit on the dpad module (guessing it's the eeprom).

Diagnosed by pressing very hard on right and down on the dpad while trying to run softmods from the memory card. I was able to successfully downgrade to 6.20 then flash CFW using the Infinity installer and run isos.

Reflowed the BGA with hot air and everything now works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la