Hacking Softmodding a Modchipped system.

shadowmanr6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunatly one of my buddies systems has a chip inside and must be a clone cause of multiple unsuccessful attempts to update for newer games, so my question is whether it is safe to do the gamma backup launcher install on a system witha mod chip inside, thanks. (Too lazy to open it up and take the chip out)

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did they at least try booting the games with GeckoOS first?

...and if it's Animal Crossing or the games with the #002 error. All they need to do is install IOS38, 53, and 55

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
About which games do you speak? If it's the 002 error games, use a 002 fix loader with a normal IOS instead of a backup cIOS, like Gecko OS with 002 fix or SoftChip set to IOS36.

Diffusion said:

...and if it's Animal Crossing or the games with the #002 error. All they need to do is install IOS38, 53, and 55

Well i don't know if that's completly correct. If a game requires a IOS you don't have, you can either run the disc update, or install the IOS manually. But if a unupdated modchip passes the 002 protection, when launching the game from the disc channel i'm not 100% sure, might not be that easy.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
About which games do you speak? If it's the 002 error games, use a 002 fix loader with a normal IOS instead of a backup cIOS, like Gecko OS with 002 fix or SoftChip set to IOS36.

Diffusion said:

Well i don't know if that's completly correct. If a game requires a IOS you don't have, you can either run the disc update, or install the IOS manually. But if a unupdated modchip passes the 002 protection, when launching the game from the disc channel i'm not 100% sure, might not be that easy.
That's true. But most of the games that have 002 currently are NTSC-J games, so he wouldn't want to apply the update.

There aren't many people out there with chips that don't have at least #001 fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [changes you from AM to PM] Done :)