Hacking softmii or wait

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got Homebrew installed, gamma .3, SoftChip, etc, etc.. all of my downloaded games are working perfectly fine at the moment.

Should I go through the trouble to put SoftMii on it now? Or wait until the Wii gets as hacked as much as something like the PSP? Wait until you won't even know it's a Wii anymore except for the case that it's in. xD

If I do decide to "upgrade" to SoftMii, what are the advantages? I mean, all of my games already work. Why would I need something else to make them do the same thing? Don't get me wrong, I know this is an amazing step. But since my games are already working, is there really a point to get SoftMii? Aside from the obvious "cool" factor, of course. I'm not messing with channel icons or installing random wads all the time so a brick isn't really in my future to need repair functionality.

If I do upgrade do I simply uninstall everything except Homebrew channel? I've got some random ios files for Rock Band to work too. Does it matter if they're still there? I don't really know how to get rid of them except for the random update/downgrade suggestions people throw out there.. but I've seen many many different responses to that question.

And that's another thing.. why isn't there any set in stone guide on how to "factory reset" your Wii? Again, not trying to be taken the wrong way here. I know everyone is doing an amazing job. =) But I'm so spoiled with step-by-step guides for everything lol. Everyone says just an update will do it, but does this clear everything? Such as Starfall installations, custom ios files, extra channels, nand, etc? If I were to package up my Wii and send it off to Nintendo I'd want them to think it was a perfectly good Wii. How does one go about this?

Thanks to anyone who wasted enough time to read this =) and more thanks to those who spend some more time to help =)

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softmii 1.0 will be a complete pack of all the new advancement in the Wiivulution. Pack into one neat and simple package.
The Guru put out the tools.
About 2 1/2 weeks of some of GBAtemp.net best thinkers, coders, and testers(Risk Takers).
Created the pack.
So if you have not been following, reading, learning about SoftMii you better start now!!!!!
Then when it's release I'll know what you need to know for a Brick free installation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up