Hacking softmii 3.0 is out!

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
kyogc said:
So, the guide here should be, for LU64 users, use Wad Manager 1.4 to install IOS16-64-v257.wad, reboot Wad Manager 1.4 and load by IOS16, and install LU64Fix.wad.

That's it.

Wait, what about this IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad?

If this is trucha bug enabled, than we shouldn't need to install this LU64Fix.wad, can we just run Cios38 rev13x installer and select IOS16 as our installer???

Wouldn't that work? Or is it necessary to install LU64Fix.wad to be able to install Cios38 Rev13x using this IOS249?

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just want to know, does this offer any advantages for LU64/LU65 users who have already hacked their firmware?

CapeCrusader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I am running System Menu 3.2 with an earlier version of SoftMii with USB loader GX do I update to System Menu 4 first or do I load everything and install the new SoftMii and then update to System Menu 4. If I update to system Menu 4.0 after doing the new SoftMii install what do I need to do later?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it is, there's not much point to doing it if you're not going to screw around with all your IOS's and not even get disc channel loading out of it.

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
Even if it is, there's not much point to doing it if you're not going to screw around with all your IOS's and not even get disc channel loading out of it.
Hmm...its not that. I have a wiikey 2 modchip so im not worried about that. I'm just trying to get my installed games onto an sd card so they can work fine. Right now it always says failed to launch, when i move it to the sd card menu. I tried the ios60 installer but it always comes up with error 1017.

higuys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what exactly does this mean?

QUOTE said:
If you are on 3.2 or 3.4 and want to be on 4.0 we suggest installing everything on your current system, then updating to 4.0 via wanins updater,then installing preloader again. Do to an uknown issue with CIOS introduced since usb loading was added disc channel loading does not work with these cios.

serving

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since i have cios rev9 does this mena i cant load games thru disk channel and if i wanted to load them thru the channel i ahve to install softcorp then after that install cioscorp is this correct

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
Interesting, but I'm not going to use it ever. So meh.
wink2.gif

Than can you please explain why you were in #softmii the other day asking for help?

QUOTE(Bloodlust @ Jun 26 2009, 10:51 PM) The last step recommends preloader install. Does it even work on a LU64+ ... LOL... misleading..

After Softcorp, preloader/CIOSCORP/BootMii can be installed. I was just informed of this a few moments ago.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to admit, this release has nothing interesting for advanced users... I';m let down by the fact that softcorp doesnt allow disk channel loading... because that makes cioscorp almost useless.

I'm sure the guide will be useful for newbies though.

Bencool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a problem to install the Softcorp. After I hight light all IOS and press to install, I choosed "Select installtion mode: ". But got an error message:
[+] Downloading IOS9 (v7), please wait.....
>> Downloading TMD... ERROR! (ret = -1)

Anyone know what is that mean? My wii is not LU64.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I just got 2 mig switch in the mail today
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna love it when the next update blocks them
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @SylverReZ youtube to mp3 some are still good, usefull when the official music video has better audio than the music in th ecd
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father