Hacking SoftMii 2.0

nintendoplayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendoplayer said:
For some reason Preloader0.26 (Step 20) does not go beyond "warning" screen. Can't add any channels. Also, I can't get DVD menu to appear though says that "Installation complete successfully."

Any thoughts?

Resolved. Found a preloader online.

freezeburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raziel5000 said:
freezeburn said:
Hello,

I have a question and hope someone here can answer it. I followed the instructions to install Softmii step by step but when i came to the part to install SPECIAL STARFALL TYPE-HACKS I click no by accident because the option was really low and my stupid tv won't show like an inch of the bottom screen. So my question is if not having the hacks will cause me any trouble? Is there another way to install it? Do i really need it? Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer.

I believe you will have to use the hack remover to remove Preloader before you can install starfall. i am pretty confident this is correct.

EDIT: after installing starfall, reinstall Preloader. I personally don't have starfall installed with preloader i feel safe.

Thank you for ur answer but i thing i would like to know, by saying preloader you mean softmii right? sorry if that question sounds stupid but i'm new to this whole thing and just trying to make this work for my kids (Tired of buying the same game over and over again because they don't take care of them)

KPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am updating my wii from 0.95 to 2.1 is there a changelog? Or could someone tell me whats been done since then thanks!

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Performed Softmii 2.0.1 install on two Wii's and lost SDHC support in Wadmanager, kept getting error ret-1 with SDHC....2 gig SD works fine.....SDHC still works through HBC and Nintendo Emulator, but not Wad Manager or Sega Emulator.....any ideas

D

Deleted User

nehe32 said:
the thread is a bit long for me to read all of the messages, so i dont know if anyone had mentioned this but WHY do they have a paypal link for donations? srsly...

i can understand ads..but people donating THEIR money to package OTHER peoples software (with credit of course, and some original content
tongue.gif
i know
tongue.gif
)

i dont mean to sound angry or blah blah w.e just yeah..homebrew. i'll end this with a quote from the site

QUOTE said:
We would also like to thank all of the people who have donated towards SoftMii and would like to see your continued support as this is vital in developing new features and tools.

QUOTE said:
would like to see your continued support as this is vital in developing new features and tools.

vital in developing new features and tools.

WHY???

anyway, thanks for the homebrew! im sure many people will find it useful

It's because, from the money, they use it to pay the dev who made Softmii Tweaks Installer.

From there too, they use it to support the website

From the money too, they use it to donate to the developer of the programs that they use.

freezeburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After testing softmii with mario galaxy i can say its running just fine even tho i didnt install Starfall hack. My kids told their cousins about what i've done to our wii and now they want me to do the same on theirs, I would love to do it for them but their wii is new and came with 3.4u firmware installed. Anyone know if i can still downgrade a wii that came with 3.4u or just a wii that had the firmware updated over time?

quantocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can downgrade from 3.4U to 3.2U easily. Follow the entire softmii tutorial.

I still can't believe they are taking 'donations' for packaging other peoples software. All they did was pay someone to make the Softmii Tweak tool and that's it. Luckily I'll never donate to these guys.

mikeestheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the instuctions the best i could. Ive went throught it a few times. But it dosent seem to work for me. i put in a backup copy of a Gamecube game and it will see it as a Gamecube game but as soon as i push start the screen turns black and my wii restarts. Does anyone know what i did wrong?

freezeburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u can see the games main screen then it must be the way u burned it. I've never done a gc disk but i would suggest burning it at 3x speed.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thinks best way is to upgrade to 3.4 then downgrade back to 3.2. Use ATD to remove any cIOS left after that and start again.

BTW: when i use ATD no matter what version i use i get RET -1 error. any one know why?

Im on 3.2e softmii 2 aswell.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Autoboot ANY disc from the recovery menu? Hmm, I think I might finally install this. If this is true I can use recovery mode to boot a GC game and not have to use the Wiimote. Awesome.

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I followed the soft mii instructions, I got stuck when downgradeing so used another guide and was successful. when it came time to do the cioscorps cmios and preloader the softmii pack said install preloader first then corps then cmios..... didnt work (was told by a temper preloader has to be installed LAST). I've been able to install hacks before no problem but this last run was tough for me.... maybe I'll give it a go again tomorrow with some djtazz instructions unless anyone else has any pointers
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Lord Kanti said:
I followed the soft mii instructions, I got stuck when downgradeing so used another guide and was successful. when it came time to do the cioscorps cmios and preloader the softmii pack said install preloader first then corps then cmios..... didnt work (was told by a temper preloader has to be installed LAST). I've been able to install hacks before no problem but this last run was tough for me.... maybe I'll give it a go again tomorrow with some djtazz instructions unless anyone else has any pointers
smile.gif

Ok the softmii pack is:

Downgrading with ARC, wich install the real region free, without it forget about region free
CIOScorp, so you can run any backup thru the disc channel
Preloader for messing around with themes without any fear of bricking and to block updates

that's all, in that precise order, other info will be wrong...!!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw