Shirowww

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone !
I have a strange problem with my switch, when I launch a game and I while the game is running in background, if I try to get in the homebrew menu (in applet mode, via the picture icon), I'm softlock, I have to restart my switch by holding the power button. I found that the problem came from sys-ftpd and sys-dvr. I tried to reinstall the sysmodules, atmosphere, I even changed my sd card and reinstalled everything (even the emuNAND) from zero, but I still have this problem. I don't found a lot of people complaining about this, so I don't understand why I'm having this issue.
It's not a big trouble but it's annoying because I kinda need sys-dvr
Thanks in advance for the help !

Last edited by Shirowww,

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you have too many sys modules. I have sys-dvr and sys-ftpd with no issue.

You also state it's an issue after hitting the album icon, maybe you have a bad nro causing issues?

Regardless, get ftpd from here, sys-ftpd-light (a smaller footprint from the original one) and report back.

Shirowww

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's the problem, i don't even have that many sysmodules, apart from sys-ftpd and sys-dvr, i only have tesla, emuiibo, saltynx and missioncontrol
more over i already tried sys-ftpd-light and same result...
just to be sure i will try to disable all sys modules and only enable those two
Post automatically merged:

Ok finally after some deeper research (and a lot of experimentation), it seems that it is indeed a lack of memory due to the sysmodules, it is especially Tesla and SaltyNX which consume much. After a clean reinstallation with all modules updated, it seems that it works (but without sys-ftpd-light, otherwise it's still too heavy).

Do you know if the number of overlays makes the memory consumption of tesla going higher btw?

Last edited by Shirowww,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night