Hacking SoftChip Backup Loader

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wooahh. i visit the project page every couple of days but i assumed the news dated 3rd of jan. to be from luccax. don't know why
biggrin.gif

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
hi.
i have tried to load this as a channel but to no success..........how do i do it
i can get it to run via HBC ...........
i have rev76,77, 78 all come with dol and wad i have changed to boot dol and this works like i say thru hbc but i have searched(inc whole of this thread ) and casn only find post about changing boot dol to loader dol on root of sd card in softchip folder,,,but this wont work........when i go thru WM to see list of wads the wad is not listed.............so how do i get this to install as a channel...........

thanx...........

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
REALDEAL said:
hi.
i have tried to load this as a channel but to no success..........how do i do it
i have rev76,77, 78 all come with dol and wad i have changed to boot dol and this works like i say thru hbc but i have searched(inc whole of this thread ) and casn only find post about changing boot dol to loader dol on root of sd card in softchip folder,,,but this wont work........when i go thru WM to see list of wads the wad is not listed.............so how do i get this to install as a channel...........

thanx...........

There's no official channel, they are all unofficial. Did you place your wads into the correct folder("wad" i think) on your sd card? The loader.dol is for the forwarder channel, which doesn't need to be updated with every new revision.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r79 released, changelog:
* splitted Set_VideoMode into Set_VideoMode and Determine_VideoMode
* added logging for language patch errors
* added logging for 002 error removing
* added logging for video mode errors(experimental)

Now you might find something useful in the log, when you failed to load an (import) game. The video mode detection is very expermental now, but i hope i will identify correctly if a game has the video mode you are using or not.

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
REALDEAL said:
hi.

thanx...........

There's no official channel, they are all unofficial. Did you place your wads into the correct folder("wad" i think) on your sd card? The loader.dol is for the forwarder channel, which doesn't need to be updated with every new revision.
understand it not official m8 just trying to access via channel like backup launcher and dvd dumper and not thru HBC yes i placed it in my wad folder but when trying to install via WM its not showing up...........

daedelus82

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aamon.net
XP
Country
Just a reminder that my compiled builds are still available and working, including the latest R79.

http://www.aamon.net/SoftChip/

------------------------------------------------------------------------
r79 | [email protected] | 2009-01-29 21:08:46 +0000 (Thu, 29 Jan 2009) | 4 lines

* splitted Set_VideoMode into Set_VideoMode and Determine_VideoMode
* added logging for language patch errors
* added logging for 002 error removing
* added logging for video mode errors(experimental)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What's softchip.net?

Official SoftChip pages are still:
http://www.softchip-mod.com/
http://code.google.com/p/wii-softchip/

And there's the official irc channel #SoftChip @freenode.

PS: SoftChip doesn't allow 6x on backups in general. You get 6x under the same circumstances at which you get 6x speed with every other mod, originals, a modchip and maybe in the future with a better dip module.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

st0rax

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So. Another question: The changelog of the new rev offers us a news -hopefully upcoming!- Feature:
* Decrypted Discs are recognized (Error Message)

Can someone (WiiPower ^^) explane how this work? I'm not really a coder, but I can understand a bit C Code... But this I can't understand....
Thanks to all in advance (Sorry for my bad english - I'm sleeping in the English lessons at school; I shouldn't, should I ^^?)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R82 is out. ES_Identify is now executed. This could fix some games, but i doubt it. Sam&Max and FarCry could be fixed(and still needing IOS Version patching), and maybe Summer Sports 2 and MLB power pros 2008. IOS Version patching would still be needed.

st0rax said:
So. Another question: The changelog of the new rev offers us a news -hopefully upcoming!- Feature:
* Decrypted Discs are recognized (Error Message)

Can someone (WiiPower ^^) explane how this work? I'm not really a coder, but I can understand a bit C Code... But this I can't understand....
Thanks to all in advance (Sorry for my bad english - I'm sleeping in the English lessons at school; I shouldn't, should I ^^?)

Hmm, that's not well explained by me. SoftChip now shows the error: "decrypted discs are not supported" instead of some random error. Yes it was really a random error before.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
RockmanForte said:
kavid said:

It is not rev81 because I rename it to boot.dol and r79 is still show on my Wii screen.

you must of left the old file and thats what you see
do it all over again and drlite the old softchip files from the sd card

Oh yeah.. Guess what ?? It just says R79 on the Meta.XML too, redownload r82, I did edit that to R82 in Notepad, and everything is fine now.
smile.gif

Good job!

softchip.net

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R83 released. Here for the download (dol & wad):

http://merge.it/softchip

Changes:
* Fixed a bug with Verify_Cover, which could lead to a freeze at Wait_CoverClose
* Moved ES_Identify to the lastest possible point before starting the game
* Minor update to the video mode search patterns

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol