Hacking Soft reseting with ntr streamer, need help

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yo Guys,
I've recorded myself soft resetting for a shiny cresselia, it's a while back but i got the video + the shiny, it took like only like 300+ sr, here's my problem though, i don't know how i was able to sr while recording with ntr streamer, now when i sr it always stays black, i can remember that being normal while running streamer, but now i'm wondering how the f did i manage to sr while streaming? i can link you to my vid where i recorded me sr'ing, but if anyone knows if a specific procedure to start streamer to be able to sr pokemon, that'd be a great help, btw when i sr'd the cressy, i had to go every restart of the game though the connection error which mean's i did use the write command, but even now if i use that i still get black screen after first sr, anyone knows what i could do?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you were hard resetting instead of soft resetting, hence having to run the client/write command each time? I know NTR stays running when soft resetting. But there is that pesky bug that doesn't let NTR run twice back to back (even on the same game) you'll get a black screen or 3ds loop. I'm bypassed it a few times by holding "L" after launching a stock app (like the camera), but it only works a few times. I was able to switch between 3-4 games without running NTR again in one session.

Other than that, I have no idea because..... the above. Lol

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Perhaps you were hard resetting instead of soft resetting, hence having to run the client/write command each time? I know NTR stays running when soft resetting. But there is that pesky bug that doesn't let NTR run twice back to back (even on the same game) you'll get a black screen or 3ds loop. I'm bypassed it a few times by holding "L" after launching a stock app (like the camera), but it only works a few times. I was able to switch between 3-4 games without running NTR again in one session.

Other than that, I have no idea because..... the above. Lol
thanks for the reply but no i really was softresetting, it's not just my mind that thinks so, i even have the raw recorded footage :P i just gotta get as smart as i used to be xD.

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I remember correctly, after launching NTR, when still on the 3DS home menu, you have to :

- connect NTR to the 3ds with the debugger "connect('ip',port number) command
- launch NTR Viewer
- enter this command to be able to play without being online on pokemon :
write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)
- launch the game

If I'm not mistaken, you'll be able to display the 3DS without being online, and you can soft reset this way.

Last edited by Leslie White,

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I remember correctly, after launching NTR, when still on the 3DS home menu, you have to :

- connect NTR to the 3ds with the debugger "connect('ip',port number) command
- launch NTR Viewer
- enter this command to be able to play without being online on pokemon :
write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)
- launch the game

If I'm not mistaken, you'll be able to display the 3DS without being online, and you can soft reset this way.
Are you sure about the soft resetting part because this is the exact procedure i follow and everytime i softreset it locks up on a black screen

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't use the Wi-Fi fix for soft resetting it will always eventually lock up for me it was every 34 times exactly but every time for you would be worse.

You can soft reset with no errors by disabling the PSS in game so it never disconnects the Wi-Fi. I forget the exact wording and I'm not starting my game to look but from the menu where you can go on the GTS or Wondertrade you can disable it from the last option on the second page. Then save and soft reset as much as you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now