Hacking Soft Mod 4.0?

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on 4.0 I'm only interested in a soft mod for free to play backups (that I own of course) and no jigs or any of that RCM stuff since Im no good at that..

Do i need to keep waiting for future releases? I remember that I was supposed to wait for Atmosphere. Now that its out al the guides are behind and Im not sure if its what I need.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I'm on 4.0 I'm only interested in a soft mod for free to play backups (that I own of course) and no jigs or any of that RCM stuff since Im no good at that..

Do i need to keep waiting for future releases? I remember that I was supposed to wait for Atmosphere. Now that its out al the guides are behind and Im not sure if its what I need.

Atmosphere is still a CFW, meaning it still requires a jig and RCM access. What you are looking for doesn't exist YET

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere is still a CFW, meaning it still requires a jig and RCM access. What you are looking for doesn't exist YET
Thats what I thought since I always see it lumped with REINAND. Wasnt it originally advertised as a full blown exploit? Im guessing it will come later?

Also If I was on 2.0 I could do everything without the jig right? Just not past 3.1?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thats what I thought since I always see it lumped with REINAND. Wasnt it originally advertised as a full blown exploit? Im guessing it will come later?

Also If I was on 2.0 I could do everything without the jig right? Just not past 3.1?

Not an exploit, it's mean to be a replacement for the Horizon OS(The Switch's native OS) though right now it's still lacking features to be considered that.
And yes i believe so

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Basically you still need to wait if you want the cold/warmboot options. Dejavu (the exploit you are talking about) isn't getting released until after it is fully patched or the mariko units get released from everything I have read

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "softmod" you are most likely referring to is Deja Vu which supposedly can be made to work on firmware 6.0 but we don't have an ETA on when it will be released. Its also possible that it will be released at different times for supported firmwares. For example, the one for 2.0-3.0 was planned to be released earlier than the one for 3.0.1-4.1.

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The "softmod" you are most likely referring to is Deja Vu which supposedly can be made to work on firmware 6.0 but we don't have an ETA on when it will be released. Its also possible that it will be released at different times for supported firmwares. For example, the one for 2.0-3.0 was planned to be released earlier than the one for 3.0.1-4.1.
Huh, Deja Vu works on 6.0? So 6.0 can also soft boot via Deja Vu in the future? I thought Deja Vu was patched in fw 5.0.

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What you said is currently not here for your firmware version, you can check here https://switch.hacks.guide/get-started. Now you either keep waiting or use the jig&rcm dongles.

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well, it's simple: It is released when the exploit chain is fully patched. So if Nintendo patches all exploits currently known, then Deja Vu will be released for all firmwares it supports at the same time. However, we can assume that Nintendo patches one exploit after the other. So we can assume that there is a chance that there is a patched exploit chain on e.g. 2.0, but not on 4.1 - then the exploit will be released earlier for 2.0.

Also, we know one thing: You should never update because the exploit chain will typically only be released after it has been checked that it is fully patched, i.e. a newer firmware update is out. So if you are always on current firmware, you can expect never to have a warmboot exploit, but if you stay on any arbitrary firmware, there is a chance that you will get an exploit chain at some point in time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he?