Hacking Soft-bricked N3DS

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I soft-bricked my N3DS, but I managed to update it through Recovery Mode. Can I format it without bricking it (in order to send it back)?

Thanks

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I soft-bricked my N3DS, but I managed to update it through Recovery Mode. Can I format it without bricking it (in order to send it back)?

Thanks
You can, but formatting it won't do anything; it'll still be on 11.0. Your only options of downgrading are a hardmod or using another 3ds with custom firmware.

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can, but formatting it won't do anything; it'll still be on 11.0. Your only options of downgrading are a hardmod or using another 3ds with custom firmware.
Thanks, I know that it'll still be on 11.0. I just want to format it in order to send it back.

To downgrade 11.0 with another console on CFW, I'll need that DSi Ware game?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, I know that it'll still be on 11.0. I just want to format it in order to send it back.

To downgrade 11.0 with another console on CFW, I'll need that DSi Ware game?
Oh, I thought you meant sending it back to an older firmware.

You'll need the game Fieldrunners or legends of Exidia on a CFW'd system to downgrade. If you plan on returning it and buying a new one, you could buy one on a lower firmware.

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hum, I think I'll send it back. So formatting is safe even if it has been soft-bricked?

I'd also like to know how to prevent that soft-brick (I formatted the device), please.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hum, I think I'll send it back. So formatting is safe even if it has been soft-bricked?

I'd also like to know how to prevent that soft-brick (I formatted the device), please.
Formatting is safe. There's no way to prevent a soft-brick while downgrading, but formatting your system before doing it will significantly lower the chance of a brick.

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Formatting is safe. There's no way to prevent a soft-brick while downgrading, but formatting your system before doing it will significantly lower the chance of a brick.
OK, thanks.
Have I to format it before accessing to the first access HBL? Do I have to format the SD Card too?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, thanks.
Have I to format it before accessing to the first access HBL? Do I have to format the SD Card too?
If it's a brand new system, you probably don't have to format it, but if you do format it, you should format it before accessing the homebrew launcher.

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's a brand new system, you probably don't have to format it, but if you do format it, you should format it before accessing the homebrew launcher.
Oh, I formatted it after accessing to HBL (it was a brand new system) :(
Do I have to format SD too?

Last edited by Samwix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.