Hacking Soft Brick Issue

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earlier today I decided to update from rxtools to A9LH on o3ds xl. I got to the step where I was downgrading emunand to 2.1 and after that flashed the dump to sysnand. After that my 3ds got soft bricked (I still dont know why cause I followed the steps perfectly so any advice would be appreciated) but luckily it booted recovery mode. Heres the issue: it keeps freezing near the end of the update. Ive never had this problem before and ive updated this 3ds and others before on this internet. Any ideas on how to fix this or is my 3ds screwed?

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've definitely waited enough time, around 3 minutes on boot with no results and an hour on the firmware update without it progressing. Of course I have a nand backup but I would prefer a free alternative to fixing it if possible.

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this same issue, and I don't have a solution, but did you happen to have a NNID linked before you downgraded? And does it fail about 75% complete?

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this same issue, and I don't have a solution, but did you happen to have a NNID linked before you downgraded? And does it fail about 75% complete?
I am almost positive I had no nnid and it gets closer to 95% complete

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got off the phone after 2 hours and my only options unless someone here has a great solution are to
1. Pay 200 for another n3ds and get free shipping (Whoop-de-fucking-doo my $160 console for free shipping)
2. Repair for $80
3. Hardmod (probably going with this)

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got off the phone after 2 hours and my only options unless someone here has a great solution are to
1. Pay 200 for another n3ds and get free shipping (Whoop-de-fucking-doo my $160 console for free shipping)
2. Repair for $80
3. Hardmod (probably going with this)
Hard missing would be the cheapest, the n3ds would be the second best and having Nintendo repair it would be a final resort as they most likely will update you to the latest if they don't send you a completely new system.
I would hard mod my own but I don't use my o3ds enough to spend time on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)