• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Soccer Without an Audience

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,521
  • Replies 12
D

Deleted User

OP
This has become the new "normal" due to the Corona™ (not the beer, lol) and even though I'm not a sports/soccer guy, I can appreciate a sport except when it's missing one of the most important parts: Its fans. Just the teams playing by themselves feel as though it's a training match.

There are far more boring sports (imo) like motorcycling through a country and even those have their audience around.

They gotta fix this. It ain't normal.

Marcell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The artificially added crowd noise I heard on the TV was still a lot better than what we have in the FIFA series on our consoles.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The artificial crowd noise is quite funny I think, especially when they try to mix certain crowd reactions to what has happened on the pitch and there's a bigger delay than a VAR decision!!

wsh1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right now in most parts of the world it just isn't safe to play with an audience, they tried it here, went wrong almost instantaneously. People were told not to sing and shout because doing so you risk spreading the virus particals further than the 1,5 metres people are sitting apart. Guess what? they did anyway! then there was this mass gathering of people who watched it together on a big screen, this was a fiasco as well... And i do not know how it works in the rest of the world but here every soccer match comes with a risk: Lets say the teams of city A and city B play a match in the stadium in City A, and team A wins, there is a pretty nice chance of the Team B supporters don't like that and go on a rampage through City A. So that leaves 2 options: Play without an audience, but with the option to watch form home using internet or TV. or don't play at all removing it for everyone because some people can't be there IRL.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

... And i do not know how it works in the rest of the world but here every soccer match comes with a risk: Lets say the teams of city A and city B play a match in the stadium in City A, and team A wins, there is a pretty nice chance of the Team B supporters don't like that and go on a rampage through City A.

of course this is always an issue here but right now it is more of a problem than ever before because distance

Last edited by wsh1994,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I like soccer as a game (especially the strategic version on Wii) but everthing about fandom is embarrassing. You randomely choose a team you belong to and scream and shout as if it is somehow important.

Besides not shaking hands this is actually a good thing about COVID19.:creep:

Reactions: wsh1994

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
same with singers still honoring their concert with no audience.
just sad for people waiting for it for so long, but thanks to these artists still performing, being present and not canceling, and recording it for people who couldn't attend it.

(oh, look at her pant, she loves that anime and also sing that ending song. not on that concert though)

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?