So many games not working? Why?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Raggak, May 20, 2009.

May 20, 2009
  1. Raggak
    OP

Newcomer Raggak Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hey everyone.

I basically decided that I'd start playing my DS again after neglecting it due to buying a variety of other consoles, but now I come back, and find that all the new games I downloaded, don't work, being; Grand Theft Auto, Henry Hatsworth, FFCC: Echoes Of Time, and Rhythm Paradise. I tried updating my firmware to various of the latest ones availible on this website, and even tried triple boots, but nothing seems to work. The older games on my DS still work, just these newer ones don't.

Any help at all? I'm using a M3 Real, currently running the newest ver of M3 Real software (Was running newest ver of Sakura), and I have a 4GB Micro SDHC SanDisk memory card.

Thanks in advance!

2. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    Please be sure that the games are clean dumps.

3. Archimdae

Member Archimdae GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Also, just in case, you might tell us exactly what version of firmware your using instead of saying newest. There have been quite a few people that say newest version but are actually downloading old ones.

Couldn't hurt anyway :0).

4. Raggak
    OP

Newcomer Raggak Newbie

United Kingdom
    I'm sure the dumps are clean, because they work on my Girlfriends M3 Simply.

The firmware version is the one availible in the download section of this site:

M3/G6 DS Real Firmware v4.3c E/U

5. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Weird, I'm running the highest version of Sakura that will run on an iTouch, 1.12+ I believe, and all those games (except Ryhthm Paradise, haven't played it), work fine. I'm not sure if GTA got a fix in later versions of M3 FW, so you might wanna enable the piracy bypass cheat.

6. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

forget downloading from here, they're uploaded by other users and the files might have problems

4.3c fixed all thoses games already try getting the file from here and see if it works
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

7. Shebang

Member Shebang GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    carmen sandiego does not work, too. Crashes horribly, tried three different dumps that work in other cartridges.

wish they'd fix that pretty soon [​IMG] probably they just want to sell newer carts for the dsi

8. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Shebang - they say they have with 4.3d - released today!

9. Zerrix

Member Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Really all games you mentioned work very fine for me.

10. gosp

Member gosp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    As the G6 team mentioned... your problem is with your games. Find another site to download them. Every one works perfectly without the need of a piracy bypass for me.

11. nagareboshi

Member nagareboshi GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Sometimes I have these kind of problems too. I download a game, start it up on my M3 Real and then it says format error... or something like that. Everytime I get that I format my SDHC card. After that it works like a charm.

12. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

I keep my DS always running the latest M3 Real firmware. I have yet to find a game that I want to play that doesn't work. I don't trim them unless I really need to though and I use verified clean dumps.

13. Zerrix

Member Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Same here and thus I never had a problem with a game on my M3 DS Real. Althoguh I am using TouchPod & M3 Sakura.

14. arogance1

Member arogance1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm on M3 Sakura 1.35c and I'm able to play all the games you're having issues with.
    Do you have Narin's cheat db for the ones with piracy block on them?

15. da1writer

Newcomer da1writer Member

United States
    Installing this is most likely going to solve your problems. Do a format of your SDHC card and unrar the file in the link below and place the file(s) on your SDHC card.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4808

Having clean roms is a big thing as well.
    Also, The M3 DS Real is picky when it comes to SDHC. They may run fine but some roms just don't work on certain cards for some reason. For instance, my wife's M3 DS Real (lucky me, I got a gamer wife) is using a 2GB Sandisk MiscroSD Isn't able to play the Price is Right at all but my Kingston 8GB SDHC Class 4 plays the game just fine for some odd reason. This could also be the problem... The games you mentioned above are playable on her card and my card though so I don't know...