Hardware So Is There a New Left Joy-Con Model?

usgmkii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to confirm if there's an actual new Joy-Con model that fixes the disconnect/drifting problem.

As far as I'm aware it's an antenna issue and there was a new board [JCL-M-11 (HAC-JCL-MAIN-11)] that seemed to move the antenna. But did it solve the problem? I still see people complain that their left Joy-cons still have problems.

Any help on this matter could be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by usgmkii,

Danster75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I managed to fix mine by taking apart the analogue stick and cleaning it with rubbing alcohol, to be specific the two strips where the metal contacts glide over. Worked perfectly since.
Take good care with opening and closing the component though, it’s not very easy.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
And I've read on google and reddit that there are numerous people who have this problem with their Right joycon. The more I searched, the more I came across people from both sides.

Finally, I gave up coz to me it seemed half of them had problems with their left and half of them with their right. It was ridiculous. I couldn't make head or tails of the whole thing. Couldn't confirm what was causing this. So I just gave up.

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been fixed ages ago. All new controls are fixed.
Yeah...no.
Ive recently (2 months ago) purchased 2 sets of joycons, pink and green and a set of yellow ones AND both already have problems with drifting AND random dcs of the left joycon. Im baffled and disgusted with the the trash quality of these.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah...no.
Ive recently (2 months ago) purchased 2 sets of joycons, pink and green and a set of yellow ones AND both already have problems with drifting AND random dcs of the left joycon. Im baffled and disgusted with the the trash quality of these.
Then you got an OLD Switch bundle. All the new once have been fixed when it comes to the left-joycon losing connection.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I hope they release a better joycon revision, It's already my second set with drifting problems and for 80 dollars price tag this is very disappointing qualitywise.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you got an OLD Switch bundle. All the new once have been fixed when it comes to the left-joycon losing connection.

That doesn't account whatsoever for the drifting issue. Or the fact that they purchased an additional two sets of brand new Joycons two months ago, not three Switch bundles.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter if you purchased yesterday, not all current joycons come with the updated board, or the updated control stick revision.

You need to open to joycon to find out

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I hope they release a better joycon revision, It's already my second set with drifting problems and for 80 dollars price tag this is very disappointing qualitywise.
put them thru nintendo , its warrnaty covered, but yeah, joycon latches, drifts and stuff realy are a pain in the butt..

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
put them thru nintendo , its warrnaty covered, but yeah, joycon latches, drifts and stuff realy are a pain in the butt..
Unfortunately my warranty is only good for six months so I was forced to buy another joycon set which also starting to drift now, Good thing I have a pro controller and also a 8bitdo snes controller.

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Unfortunately my warranty is only good for six months so I was forced to buy another joycon set which also starting to drift now, Good thing I have a pro controller and also a 8bitdo snes controller.
Get some ifixit kits, remove the joystick, clean it with isopropyl alcohol, and it won't, as for pro controller, that bastard is soldered so its not repairable easily

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if you open it, the old left joycon will be missing black foam thingy while the new one have black foam thingy near the wireless block.

please CMIIW

Grudgemom

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah...no.

Lucky it took you 2 months. I bought new set last night, paired them and got instant drift. I'm livid! I think OP is onto something and would love more info.

Original joycons: up drift on left stick
Wired controller (similar to the Pro, don't know what its called): left drift on left stick within a day or 2 of purchase
Brand new, never used joycons: up drift on left stick instantaneously on pairing

I'm now convinced it is hardware related in the Switch unit and nothing to do with dust or debris.

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I've read on google and reddit that there are numerous people who have this problem with their Right joycon. The more I searched, the more I came across people from both sides.

Finally, I gave up coz to me it seemed half of them had problems with their left and half of them with their right. It was ridiculous. I couldn't make head or tails of the whole thing. Couldn't confirm what was causing this. So I just gave up.

Both of mine (launch day model) recently started drifting. It's frustrating trying to play BotW like this.
We returned my son's joycons to Nintendo to fix his while they were still under warranty. It's too late for mine.

Last edited by djnate27,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: