So.... I think my moms credit card and my brother's phone got hacked. (Need Help)

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
set up a test. tell your mom get a new cc and give the details to your brother. if more transactions show up, boom you have proof. if not, than it might not have been your brother
Nah, he wouldn't be stupid enough to try it again. He's stretching his luck already.
As much as it sounds like its my brother, I really don't think so (unless I am lying to cover for him). Of course I checked his phone and games as soon that I found the transactions came from there and there really isn't any evidence of purchases inside the games. He doesn't really protect his phone from his family since I know his password and he sometimes asks me to use it for him to level up characters, so I would have noticed any irregular increases in the currency or characters.

My original theory was that someone used something to spoof purchases from google as app transactions using the information that my mom plays those games under my brothers e-mail. When we both checked his E-mail, apparently the E-mail was named after my mom as the owner and had wrong but close city information. I have also noticed there are some people with same issue within the previous months via google. Can someone tell if spoofing transactions is actually possible.
I highly doubt transaction spoofing is possible. Also have you reported the transactions as unauthorized to google? You'd probably get a refund. And contacting google for further information would certainly be a good step to take.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, he wouldn't be stupid enough to try it again. He's stretching his luck already.

I highly doubt transaction spoofing is possible. Also have you reported the transactions as unauthorized to google? You'd probably get a refund. And contacting google for further information would certainly be a good step to take.
I already went to google and reclaimed the purchases, most of the money has been returned but the rest is being viewed.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have a family plan on Google? That would make it possible for your family members to charge stuff to the credit card really, really easily.
And I just realized this thread is ten days old and now I feel like an idiot.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
I already went to google and reclaimed the purchases, most of the money has been returned but the rest is being viewed.

I'm sorry to say, but like many have said, mobile phones just don't get hacked like that. The story you've told just doesn't tally up. Gonna sound like a douche here, but news flash, your brother is not a little angel. He's done this and lied about it as he's been caught.

There's no conspiracy or phone hacking behind it. To quote Sherlock Holmes: "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Reactions: x65943

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tell your mom get a new cc
but my mom doesn't and she doesn't trust us anymore

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To quote Sherlock Holmes: "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
>when you dont know shit about sherlock holmes but you heard the quote in an ace attorney game
>did someone say improbable

Reactions: keven3477

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Actually that quote seems completely correct. What are you even on about?
He's saying he knows nothing about Sherlock Holmes and is trying to be cheeky with the Ace Attorney reference. Wasn't talking about the person he quoted.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, most of the games have an in-game purchase history. Just check it on your brother's phone, if it shows the transaction, you have your answer. I had the same problem once, but the IP address used for the purchase was abroad, so I knew there was a problem. And it was actually my brother with my old phone (we live in separate countries, and I gave him my old phone and since I forgot to log out of the app store, there was still my credit card infos on it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay