OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I'm unsure if I could give out the link to the download of this game so you could see what i'm getting at, because it gives you a .nds file that is the game somewhere in there...

Okay, here's my problem:
I went to download the game, but when I got the zip file open there were 2 zip files inside. One has 2 .nds files inside, the other has an ips patch inside. The zip folder with the ips patch inside had "fixed" in the name, so I assume I use that one...
But do I use an original unpatched rom of the original game, or do I patch the .nds files?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:
haflore said:
Lol, same as the other thread.
On-Topic, I have no idea.
im currently spamming and cursing to gain warn experience level to level up to 90!!! please help...me and inform the mods to raise me to the peak of 90!!!
wacko.gif
thats what crack does, translate cf2ex
You realize they'll probably just BAN you... right?

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
I imagine you need the untouched original nds file to patch. Usually is the case for translation projects.
But this game was originally on the neo geo color or something..... >.> They converted it so that it worked as a .nds file or something... T_T I has no clue what to patch.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My bad, I thought it was a nds title originally. From looking at the site it says it runs on an emulator and that you must patch the original rom file.

The nds file is the emulator you run afterwards.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
My bad, I thought it was a nds title originally. From looking at the site it says it runs on an emulator and that you must patch the original rom file.

The nds file is the emulator you run afterwards.
Really? :\ Man there aren't instructions in that bish.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got this off another site. Hope it makes it clearer for you.

QUOTE said:
The CFC2English ZIP file contains an IPS patch. You will need to have the original Japanese ROM file of CFC2 (and some IPS patching software) to apply the patch. FYI, the SHA1 hash of the patched ROM should be 5CF9428A6864802D26F59C2364F476012896628A and the MD5 should be E324C1CEB54080AE5BE1065B91243331.

If you want to play it on the Nintendo DS, you will need CFC2English, CFC2EnglishDS, and the original Japanese CFC2 ROM (to apply the IPS patch to).

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
I got this off another site. Hope it makes it clearer for you.

QUOTE said:
The CFC2English ZIP file contains an IPS patch. You will need to have the original Japanese ROM file of CFC2 (and some IPS patching software) to apply the patch. FYI, the SHA1 hash of the patched ROM should be 5CF9428A6864802D26F59C2364F476012896628A and the MD5 should be E324C1CEB54080AE5BE1065B91243331.

If you want to play it on the Nintendo DS, you will need CFC2English, CFC2EnglishDS, and the original Japanese CFC2 ROM (to apply the IPS patch to).
What's with the hash?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's a way of verifying the file matches up with what it should be. It can be ignored unless your game isn't working. In that case you can get one of many free programs to verify your patched file against that hash value.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Thanks. When I googled I didn't find anything, but that's probably since my google sometimes redirects all links to something that tries to install a virus onto your computer without asking you if you want to download anything.

KendoKhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was a big fan of the first game i owned a neogeo color back when they came out and i found out about this and flipped then i tried playing it on my ds and the screen ratios suck real bad i dont know if you can fix it but the game for me was all on one side of the screen not centered.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Inunah said:
Ah. Thanks. When I googled I didn't find anything, but that's probably since my google sometimes redirects all links to something that tries to install a virus onto your computer without asking you if you want to download anything.
SO CLEAN YOUR SYSTEM!!!

I cannot believe you would leave something like that active!

Get a good antivirus - like Avast.
Get a good antispyware - Spybot Search and Destroy
Get a good firewall - Zonealarm is better than most.

It's all free!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr