Homebrew Snes9x GX 006 issue

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had no problem loading zipped roms with previous versions of Snes9x GX, but with the new version, every rom I try to load gives me an "Unknown File Type" error. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've gone back to 005 and the roms are now working again, so I'll stick with this since I don't have enough room to have all my roms unzipped. I'm just curious to see if anyone else is having this problem.

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're all .sfc, not sure what the problem is... I used WinRAR to compress them to .zip using Best compression. Maybe this version doesn't like the roms being compressed so much? That's the only thing I can think of if no one else is having problems.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of mine are .smc. Yours have a .sfc extention? If so, then try renaming one to (name of game).smc, and snes9x should recognize it right away.

If .sfc format worked in 005, then maybe it's just a bug(along with a few others that have been found) for 006.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know where to get the source of 005?
The Google Code site only lists the current svn.

Personally I feel the 7z support needs a little work. Although I am using the 7zip support with a GoodMerged set, I often get out of memory issues with larger 7z files.

edit: spelling, punctuations, and grammar. ugh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo