Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

Cliftin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which hack are you trying to play, some of the smw hacks have heavy sprites and custom graphics, so it hangs with this emulator..
The Second Reality Project Reloaded. It seems like it was only in one level however.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What about the N3DS?
the n3ds has a bit more power and i believe a bunch more of ram than the wii. at least going by raw numbers.
the n3ds also has enough power to run almost all snes/gba games as twice the speed.

but GBA games are working on GBA console on less processing power.... HOW!
because its not emulating the games. the reason we need all that computation power to play gba and snes on something that isnt the gba or snes is because the system needs to not just run the game itself, but also the console the game is running on.

this here doesn't make snes games run on the 3ds. it makes the 3ds run a virtual snes console on which a snes game is then running. its

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the n3ds has a bit more power and i believe a bunch more of ram than the wii. at least going by raw numbers.
the n3ds also has enough power to run almost all snes/gba games as twice the speed.
Do you think the N3DS could handle SA-1 chip emulation with these optimizations?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is incredibly slow. Kirby's Dreamland 3 is unplayable.
i must have a magic n3ds then, since it runs constant 60 frames for me.
are you using the prefered stable 1.3.3 version? and are you actually running pocketsnes? because retroarch has like 2 or 3 snes emulators.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i must have a magic n3ds then, since it runs constant 60 frames for me.
are you using the prefered stable 1.3.3 version? and are you actually running pocketsnes? because retroarch has like 2 or 3 snes emulators.
Well, I'm dumb. I was using CatSFC the whole time. They have nearly identical banners. >.> PocketSnes works great! Thanks for helping me realize my stupid mistake. :P

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
because its not emulating the games. the reason we need all that computation power to play gba and snes on something that isnt the gba or snes is because the system needs to not just run the game itself, but also the console the game is running on.

this here doesn't make snes games run on the 3ds. it makes the 3ds run a virtual snes console on which a snes game is then running. its

:|

you German don't understand sarcasm do you.

Last edited by Flame,

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I ever wondered, that BlargSnes had something named "Hardware render" or something, that makes the game faster. In Smw for example, the fadeout effect works perfectly fine without lag, while in snes9x, it works slowly. Could it be possible to add this render to the emulator?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I ever wondered, that BlargSnes had something named "Hardware render" or something, that makes the game faster. In Smw for example, the fadeout effect works perfectly fine without lag, while in snes9x, it works slowly. Could it be possible to add this render to the emulator?
Hardware rendering is used for this emulator (it's how it can run well on an o3DS), but it does some things differently from blargSNES.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Gonna do my homework +1